Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

air/fuel problem *i think*

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2004, 10:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air/fuel problem *i think*

Originally posted by: reconranger

One bit of advice for NOSLIW. If you are going to make other mods in the future (like the airbox lid, header, or a muffler), just wait and do it all at once. If you do it piece-by-piece, you will be rejetting for each one. Just do them all together at the same time, and have it properly rejetted once and for all, and then be done with it!

yea i think that's what i'll do. i just got back from tahoya state park and while i was there i took off the kn filter and replaced it with the stock one. i didn't feel any performance increases, i felt more of a decrease (might have been in my head though). i'm boxing that till i get my HMF slip on and jets. i'm still not sure what size jet to get.... any suggestions from guys living in the puget sound elevation or close to?

Old 08-01-2004, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default air/fuel problem *i think*

hmf recommends 165/170 Keihin Hex Head jets for my quad with their slip on, that all i need to know? elevation won't make a huge diff? it's not like i live on everest or in death valley or anything...

i read that jetting thing, but didn't really tell me how to do it... i know it's just a simple screw in type deal but is there any pictures i can look at to help me out? also i think i'm going to have to tear the carb out anyways because of having to adjust that air/fuel mixture screw on it, any things i should know about that too?

i plan on getting this pipe and jets pretty soon