Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Cant decide

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2004, 07:20 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cant decide

Yes this is in the yammy section but i figured i would like to hear from the 450 owners on how badass this quad is.....

Alright guys i need to decide between the honda 450r and yfz.....I know this has been a topic that has been killed BUT if i can have it my way and from what i hear, the yfz is a little quicker but heres the problem. First off, I am 16 and working up money for a new 450 is like hell (but worth it ) ....I went to the local honda dealer and for a new 450r they want 6,100. Now like i said before i would perfer the yfz but at the yammy dealer they want 7,200 cash, walk out the door. What I want to know is how far behind in all around performance is this honda...Its like every mag i pick up, the Yfz is catching all the fame. I want to start racing mx on a track but as of now I ride wooded trails, open fields, long roads, etc (no dunes near me ). Im selling my scambler (my baby) which my dad had helped me with when i was 12, for one of these quads and at the end of summer, the money income for me greatly decreases (back to school), Sooooooooooo, is it worth working a job after school to save up the last bit or should i be riding a honda at the end of summer... Thanks a lot for the help and sorry for bringing this topic up again, im sure many of you are tired of posting to i

Old 07-30-2004, 07:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default Cant decide

hey man its like this i dont think on is much quicker then the other but i would go witht he yamaha just for the uniqe feature of electric start yeah im sure kick satrt aint bad on it beleive me three of my bikes are kick start and electric is alot of easier in the winter in my opinion i think the yfz looks better i love the looks of that thing. im not big on the looks of the 450r it looks like the platic would be weak in my opinion.

Old 08-01-2004, 10:52 PM
Trailblazer
Default Cant decide

This topic is retarded

The TRX450R isn't out of date at all it uses the same technology as the full on four stroke race bike the CRF450R although unlike yamaha, honda actually took the time to rework the tranny so it will hold up to the abuse that a quad throws at it, Yamahas is just a bike motor in a quad frame, just like all there quads. Anyway I wouldn't worry about the electric start, the honda will start first kick every time forever, I will put my word on it. I am not saying the Yamaha is junk, just saying the honda is better. Even if it is slower which I am not to sure so, I want to see it for myself!!!

whatever if I am wasting my breath have fun with the yamaha otherwise

No Wing No prayer

Old 08-01-2004, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default Cant decide

hey man how can you down yamaha and say the honda is better like i said ones probably not better then the other and reworking tranny who cares if it works why change it and yes honda is out of date on some things i mean come on man it dont take a genious to figure that out.

examples= 400ex has no reverse
450r is kick start
who puts there choke under the seat only honda
there 300ex is a pain to get in to reverse but atleast it has it
also they aint very good on styling in my opinion

but hey i own a honda and i rode honda three wheelers for many years and honda has good reliability going for them

Old 08-02-2004, 11:25 AM
Trailblazer
Default Cant decide

What I can't figure out is why everyone thinks the TRX450R is out of date, it makes no sense to me, it has a kick start because electric start just weighs the bike down and you don't even need it. Although it is a convenient feature it isn't needed. If it is out of date because of that yer a dumb *** because as far as I know every competition motocross bike still uses a kick start. The way honda mouted the shock resivors behind the front shock is a new inovation that yamaha must not have thought of, rest assured it will be on there next quad. Not to sure if the yamaha has it but the honda carries a double rowed carrier in the rear. The last reason I would spend my money on the honda is that red wing on the side of it!!!

No Wing No Prayer!!!

Old 08-02-2004, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default Cant decide

the 450r is up to date for honda but i said honda motoc company is out of date i guess there worrying to much about there cars and lawnmowers because they dotn take the time to plan everything out that an everyday rider would want rest a sure i own a honda and i love mine but man it would be great to have reverse