Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

sand &water in engine 400ex

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2000, 05:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well I'm fixing to get a new pipe and I was gonna take off my airbox lid whenever I re jet....I'm not running an outerwears (yet) so should I wait until I get one before I take off my airbox lid? trick250rx runs without a lid and without an outerwears with no problem......so what should I do?

Old 08-16-2000, 06:13 PM
Pro Rider

It must be hard for a guy like you Gabe to live in such world. How a person with so little information can draw conclusions truely makes you gifted. Did you ever think in all your infinite wisdom that maybe the most obivious may not necessarily be the cause. There are other ways for sand to get into an engine other than the airfilter- o well thought out one. I don't consider my replys insulting ,only sarcastic. I was replying to a post, sharing a situation, not making an argument. Its hard to believe that anyone who hangs around in an atv forum could call anyone else stupid. Do you ,or do you not, smoke a pipe while replying in these forums?

Old 08-16-2000, 06:15 PM
Pro Rider

Ask Gabe

Old 08-16-2000, 06:28 PM
Pro Rider

ask Gabe?

Old 08-16-2000, 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

lmao! i just thought of this..

he said go get a banshee. And everyone knows they have the worst air box design!

Old 08-16-2000, 09:16 PM
Pro Rider

Wideopen,
Did you make sure that you pulled the out against the tab on the bottom of the airbox? If you don't the filter will not seat properly and allow dirt(sand)into the motor.

Old 08-16-2000, 09:19 PM
Pro Rider

First of all, please understand that the inept remarks and Yamaha only attitude of Blasterboy are not shared by all Yamaha owners. Anyway, I went to the sand dunes for a 2 or 3 day weekend and forgot to put the outerwear on my K&N. I didn't realize this until after the trip and I was cleaning the filter. The K&N was pretty well caked up with sand but not one granule ever got past the filter. I believe the K&Ns are very effective at trapping sand and perhaps this wouldn't be how the sand got into your engine. I don't know about the water though as I rarely encounter any in this part of the country.

Old 08-16-2000, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

I find it hard to believe that in a day of riding, that much sand would get past any filter! Are you sure that the intake boot isn't ripped or something stupid like that?

Old 08-16-2000, 10:14 PM
Pro Rider

Please read my post "The truth about K&N filters" in the Other Topics area of the forum. I think I summed it up pretty well.
ATVBBS put it there instead of the Honda Forum where I wanted it.

Old 08-17-2000, 12:32 AM
Pro Rider

Did it sift through microscopic pores in the cylinder head casting? Was there a hole in the oiling system that, instead of leaking oil sucked sand? Please enlighten us. There are very limited ways sand can enter the engine.

The tone of your message is what got you the response you got. And no, I do not smoke, what is your infatuation with the pipe?

I think being enthusiastic about getting out and being active on my ATV and/or dirtbike is much better than what the majority of folks in my demographic do with their spare time, so spare me the cheezy comments about "hanging out" in an ATV forum. I am typically very "into" things I am interested in, offroad is one of my intrests. I have direct connection to the internet via T1, so it is quite easy for me to visit these forums without wasting much time. I enjoy helping people here, I also see lots of feedback from people using various aftermarket equipment that I might be interested it, that makes it worthwhile.

Please accept my most sincere apologies for pointing out the flaming obvious to you.

After seeing you post here for quite some time, you seem to have no real information, only insults and sarcasm, take your drivel elsewhere.

Quick Reply: sand &water in engine 400ex