Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

HOT PURSUIT!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2004, 09:36 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

well both of my neighbores are cops. One is a leut. and the other is a captain. They are both very honorable people i might add. But why would chasing an atv that is breaking the law be against the law? That makes no sense. So if a cop see's a guy on an atv obviously breaking the law he cant pursue him? Although that would be nice, it isnt going to be against the law.

Old 09-03-2004, 11:15 PM
Trailblazer
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

Thats odd...but i have my own funny story about cops in my town...I just got back from a day of riding in the trails in town and i was sitting on my quad waiting to take a lieft and drive up my embankment to my house when the state police came...there were two of them and they blocked me and my friend off so we couldnt run...so they get out and say you two are under arrest for using your all terrain vehicles on state property( I live off of a highway) I told him that i wasnt o nthe highway and therefor he couldnt do anything...big mistake. He called a tow truck to tow my bike to the station(i oculd of pushed it 5 feet to my house) and started to right down all of the "crimes" when the local police show up...the officer that showed up was the one who sold me my bike earlier that spring...He told the state police that he was in control of this arrest because it was on his town...the state police where just about to argue when they got a call on the radio about some big robbery and rushed off...so the officer got out of his car and said,"hows she running?" we laughed for a minute then he called off the tow truck that was on the way and i drove up to my house...later that night the officer showed up on his quad and we all went riding...Oh and if you dont know riding is strickly outlawed in my town...just goes to show yeah that these anti-quad people will never win when there enforcers are doing the oppisite of enforcing...

Old 09-04-2004, 07:56 AM
Pro Rider
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

i know ive talked with a local cop about high speed chases he said it was no fun anymore because now adays as soon as the red and blue lights come on there responsiable for your safety, as it should be, im tired of seeing police chases on the tv and the cops talk about how the guy just blew threw a stop light or how hes dodgeing obstacles endangering peoples lifes when the cops right behind him doing the same thing pushing the guy harder and making him take bigger chances to get away. now ofcourse if the guy just robbed and killed somebody by all means chase the guy down,but for somebody ridding a quad where there not supposed to well thats a differnt story the cops gotta know he has a slim chance of catching you. pretty much the only way youll get caught on a quad or dirt bike is if you crash,give up or they know who you are. or like my buddie years back and run out of gas in the middle of the chase.
or like my other friends who drag raced his yz250 against my other friends cr125 down main street on a friday night and got narced on by some dumb *** girls whose excuse was everyone on main knew who they where yeah everyone but the cops till now you dumb broads,the cops rolled up to the smiths parking lot where everyone hung out on main and asked who the gentlemen where on the bikes didnt take more than a second for them to say um it was brandon and shane,not saying it was a good idea to drag race down main but man mind your own bussiness.

Old 09-04-2004, 10:26 AM
Range Rover
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

Originally posted by: DaBeechMan
well both of my neighbores are cops. One is a leut. and the other is a captain. They are both very honorable people i might add. But why would chasing an atv that is breaking the law be against the law? That makes no sense. So if a cop see's a guy on an atv obviously breaking the law he cant pursue him? Although that would be nice, it isnt going to be against the law.
i dont know that its against the law but they are not supposed to actively pursue them. thats just the way it is in my area with local and state police.

Old 09-04-2004, 10:48 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

Some of these stories in here just make me cringe.And folks wonder WHY ATVers have so damn many restrictions against their sport.Riding area's all over the USA are closing for reasons that vary,and by running away from law enforcement does not help us gain ANY respect from those that allready dislike our sport in the first place.

Keep running from the law,
I hope your entire body slams into a tree at 50mph when your running.As far as im concerned,if you have that much dis-respect for law enforcement by running away,than you deserve what you get.

Bill
Mich ATV Safety Association-Director/Instructor
ATV Safety Institute-Instructor
Bombardier 2-Up Instructor

Old 09-04-2004, 11:46 AM
Range Rover
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

Originally posted by: MUDDY4LIFE
Some of these stories in here just make me cringe.And folks wonder WHY ATVers have so damn many restrictions against their sport.Riding area's all over the USA are closing for reasons that vary,and by running away from law enforcement does not help us gain ANY respect from those that allready dislike our sport in the first place.

Keep running from the law,
I hope your entire body slams into a tree at 50mph when your running.As far as im concerned,if you have that much dis-respect for law enforcement by running away,than you deserve what you get.

Bill
Mich ATV Safety Association-Director/Instructor
ATV Safety Institute-Instructor
Bombardier 2-Up Instructor
How can you teach atv safety when your wishing personal injury on people. I would understand your statement more if you were like " i hope they get caught and fined out the rearend" But know you hope they get injured or killed ?? What kind of person are you ? No you shouldnt run from the police but if i saw a couple kids running on an atv i would think "man i hope they dont wreck that thing and get injured" Its sad when people like you are responsible for teaching atv safety. i hope your morals don't rub off on any of the youngsters that you attempt to teach proper atv safety too. A post like you just made hurts the atv community just as much as running from the police. what if an outsider came on here and read that. yeah, sure they would be like, " look at these guys running from cops", but your post would stick out as much if not more than the others. i can just hear them now " no wonder these guys are a bunch of hooligans, they have instructors who wish massive bodily trauma on anyone who deviates from the slightest letter of the law"
I honestly hope that your hitler like personality doesn't rub off on any of the children that you teach, brainwash, or whatever you call it.
Just so we have all the facts straight here.
1. I think running from the police is a bad idea ( i have made my mistakes in the past though and will admit that)

2. I think if you ride safely alongside roads ( not highways) at a very slow speeds, obeying all traffic laws that you are showing a great deal of respect for everyone around you. You are also showing your responsibility and conveying a good image for the sport. (when i do ride slowly alongside small roads just about everyone i see waves at me) As far as i know i can ride short distances along the road in my area and can cross main highways at an angle

3 No matter what the situation I would never wish any harm to a fellow atver. I may think they need to learn a lesson and pay a hefty fine but would never wish for anyone to slam their body into a treee goingg 50. that means atv's, bikes, cars, bicycles whatever, i would much rather see someone that breaks the law be punished in the way the law outlines and not by them getting injured or killed.

4. you are obviously mad about something and are lashing out at fellow riders who may have been following their local code but know how cops can be and just wanted away from the situation
o not anymore we had a town meeting about this, we are allowed to ride on dirt roads. We can also ride on paved roads as long as we keep it in 1st gear. he was just being a d!ck. Cops always harrass people here.
5 you teach atv safety?
i would love to see this. a parent takes his little 5 year old in for safety training on his new 50cc atv. the parents watch proudly as the instructor tell them " now children if you dont listen to me i hope you all smash trees at 50 mph and get grossly injured" haha nice one teach
please post some websites where you teach so i can foward this post to them

Old 09-04-2004, 12:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

lol sounds like me
BUSTIN another CRADEL 2 THE GRAVE stunt cept on a 400ex lol i did that in my suburb on the recon [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img] SERIOUSLY im that good of a driver[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 09-04-2004, 05:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

''I think if you ride safely alongside roads ( not highways) at a very slow speeds, obeying all traffic laws that you are showing a great deal of respect for everyone around you. You are also showing your responsibility and conveying a good image for the sport. (when i do ride slowly alongside small roads just about everyone i see waves at me) As far as i know i can ride short distances along the road in my area and can cross main highways at an angle''

Even if we tried to do that they would still chase us thats just the way they are around here. They dont give a damn if we crash into something or fly off a cliff while theyre chasing us. I run away cuz i think its stupid for a cop to tow my bike and fine me up the a$$ for riding my bike on a dirt road that we're supposedly ''allowed'' to ride on. And as for that ''ATV instructor'' I seriously hope you lose your job...

Old 09-04-2004, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

If people are riding where they aren't supposed to, and they run from the cops when they try to stop them, then I don't care if they wreck. I know cops will hassle people just for the fun of it, but, if you are riding on a road that is legal (crackhead) then just let them stop you, take the ticket, then show up in court, if the road is legal, then you will not be fined. Now if you are speeding or doing other things wrong, then, you may be in trouble. Dont complain about cops when you are breaking the law. That is their job, and a risk you are taking.

Old 09-04-2004, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

I agree with Muddy4life.

He is not wishing everyone to get hurt, if he wanted people to get hurt he wouldn't teach atv safety. As for Jeepnrocks comment about the parents taking their kid. I'll bet that when the instructer talks to kids, he teaches them to respect law enforcement and may even explain that if they dont, there will be consequnces.

Running is just going to cause more bad press for atv's. To all you guys that run, Thanks, thats what we need.

Quick Reply: HOT PURSUIT!!