Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

HOT PURSUIT!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

Yet again another cop story...im on my way to my brothers house after a long 5hours ride with sum friends, its about 9pm its dark, Im going down this dirt road thats by my house and i see this car coming around a curve with its brights on. I switch to the lows on my bike (brothers 400ex actaully) and so does the car so i figure its just a regular CV, then i see it pull off the road and sure enough bright red and blue lights he even adds to the scene by turning on the siren. I down shift to third and speed past his car while he tries to run me over or get in front of me what ever he was tryin to do. hit the curve in high 4th (which is really fast considering we always do that turn in 3rd and still almost lose it everytime) i guess ur riding skills sharpen wen ur adrenalines pumping..anywho i make the turn and about 200ft down the dirt is a 4-way section, i can go left which will take me down another long dirt road, or i can go srtaight which will take me to a flood resivoir or i go right which takes me to a canal, which is dry. I turn right and look to see where the cop is and see him at the curve violently powersliding the patrol car and i think to myself wow this guy is really trying lol. i go down the canal bank and up the other side. My brother lives about 1/2 from where im at. turn off my lights and haul @ss towards his house. i look back and see him with his spot light shining my way so i pulled behind a mesquite bush and push the bike behind his house. I was hiding there watching him as he desperatly looked for all over with his spot light. he was coming towards the house on the other side of the canal bank and all of a sudden he stops..i was like oh **** hes going to get off an look for me on foot. then i hear vrrroooommm vrrroooooooooommmm and see a cloud of dust pass his lights lol he got stuck. I guess my brother saw the lights cuz he came outside and he was like ''lol he was chasing u huh'' and i was like yea he got stuck over there. after about 10minutes of laughing we go inside to watch tv. about an hour later we see the cop lights on again and the tow truck coming for him man it was so funny! let this be a lesson to all cops, u just cant catch a sport atv in a desert! anyway just thought id share this with you all...

Old 08-31-2004, 05:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

why did he pursue you? Illegal to ride on a dirt road?

Old 08-31-2004, 06:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

no not anymore we had a town meeting about this, we are allowed to ride on dirt roads. We can also ride on paved roads as long as we keep it in 1st gear. he was just being a d!ck. Cops always harrass people here.

Old 08-31-2004, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

it is illegal for you to ride on dirt roads and it is also illegal for him to chase you

Old 08-31-2004, 06:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

please explain why it was illegal for him to chase Crackhead?

Old 08-31-2004, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

''please explain why it was illegal for him to chase Crackhead?''

lol that sounds funny wen u read it out loud...i dont think chasing me is illegal but i do think trying to get infront of me knowing i wouldnt be able to stop in that distance with the speed i had was WRONG!!!and maybe even illegal

Old 08-31-2004, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

hahahaha..lol.. sounds like fun. glad you got away. iv had a few times like that to. mabe i will tell them someday. "to lasy to type all that right now".. lol

Old 09-03-2004, 03:59 AM
Pro Rider
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

I got pulled over on SUnday. I just got through working on my 250R and had all the plastic off. I took it for a ride through town, ( a small town where ATV riding is legal and one of the main transportations.) ANy way I went wipping through town sitting on my airbox and hit the throttle and the bike just screams and I see some people on the row above look down at me. I headed down for our local dock and turn around and went through town and went home. Let the bike cool off and put the plastic back on and went to see my buddy. Saw him on the road and decided to head for the dunes, sure enough here comes the cop in his F150 4x4. Pulled us over and came straigh to me. I say Man what did I do now. He said how about 43 mph in a 15 on church street. I say, church street wheres that, and did I go on that rode. Living here for the last 20 years u would think I know where that is. LOL.

Any way he said his switcboard lit up with people calling and complaing and ID'ine me.. I thought to myseld,.. How could anybody ID me if I had no plastic on, and now I do. THis cop even called my house and asked my kid what kind of bike I was riding.

He let me go, I told him I was a little throttle happy since I worked on my bike, THen asked If I was going to put a TURBO on it.... WHen he was getting back in his truck I told him.. If anymore of those people call about me, tell them I am sorry. Man that was close.. Could have lost my CDL Commercial Drivers Licenses. He was cool about it though.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-03-2004, 05:36 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

well unlike your adrenaline pumped stories, mine is actually pretty funny. My brother goes out with his friends a lot to ride the trails around our house and he goes to his buddies house a lot. I dont do much trail riding with him because when i go i usually get my **** pulled over. So sure enough i just got done building a 4mm banshee for my buddy and i took it on the road just to break in the motor a little and make sure the thing wouldnt blow. So i take a pretty easy 10 minute ride and on my way back the sheriff is parked right at the corner of the main entrance (to the trails). Since i only live about 200 yards from here i figured id just take the ticket and deal with it.

So im talking to the cops, one girl, one guy and i was telling them about all my drag bikes. And they are kind of into it so i offer if they'd like to go to my pad to check out all my bikes. So i pull into the driveway with 2 cops behind me and my dad is looking at me like im a damn felon. We walk out to the garage and they are taking pictures of the bikes and having a good *** time. Long story short they took my name down and now im working on the guys banshe...lol

Old 09-03-2004, 09:13 PM
Range Rover
Default HOT PURSUIT!!

im actually pretty sure it is illegal to chase an atv becasue of the risk of pushing them over the edge and causing an accident. in my area recently a couple kids tried to cross a main intersection because they got spotted by the cops. now the cops said they were not actively pursuing them. ( definitely a lie)
well the kids tried to cross the main highway without looking and got hit. both passed away. it really bums me out when this stuff happens. i ride mine on the road to get to a riding area but i alwasys stay along the side and obey all traffic laws as if i was in a car. anyhow long story shor a cop will chase an atv about 99 percent of the time no matter what they say or what the law in the area says. these guys can just make up lies and who is a judge going to believe. i have known alot of cops and a good bit of them were the biggest pot smokn, drunk drivn, drinkn on duty people u ever want to see.

Quick Reply: HOT PURSUIT!!