Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

TRX650EX

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2000, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

True 650CC for MX???? Y? you would never reach peak cc's anyways but they would be good desert/duners.

Old 08-27-2000, 11:38 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like some people just can't take a joke. I believe that the Banshee(which just happens to be in my garage next to my 85 250R and 88 250R)motor came directly from the RZ and RD motorcycles. The Raptor(which I decided not to buy for the same reasons I didn't buy a DS) has an engine from the MZ(but with a new bottom end). How is that for your two examples.
I know that Honda's 400EX has an engine from the XR400, but if Yamaha was marketing it, they would call it a completely new engine because they changed the starter, tranny, and gears.
Once again, you have resorted to personal insults and namecalling, how typical. It sounds like you are in denial over your new Raptor. I didn't even flame it and you jump all over me, and this is a Honda forum! Do you expect me to extoll the virtues of my Banshee here? How about I go to the Yamaha forum and post how much better my 250R handles than anything Yamaha will ever put out? Why didn't they ever make a 250cc racer? They couldn't compete, that's why!
To sum up, I expect that kind of response from you, and now that I know you are stalking me through all the forums to try and put me down, I'll just make it easy for you. I am going to the Kawasaki forum next.
I apologize for the long post to all others.

Old 08-27-2000, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider

I never thought of it, but you're right Yamaha is the only company that never made a 250 MXer quad. I guess it would have had crappy airbox and chain adjusters on it! Probably would've over heat too!
HAHAHA
P.S Banshees kick ***. They just have a few flaws that Yamie should've fixed years ago.

Old 08-27-2000, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

Yes, Banshee's kick *** in several environments. Do you know how Yamaha came up with the name Raptor? They just followed all of the comments about their maintainance designs. Like you said, crap. Also craptacular has been used several times and just a few have described them as krap. Well, the marketing people decided to call the new machine the Craptor, but dirt wheels wouldn't publish the ads because it is a family oriented magazine(no swimsuit models). Therefore Yamaha decided to let the 'c' remain silent, so it is pronounced Raptor, but it looked a little silly on the side of the machine so they were just going to have the dealer cut the 'c' off when they were assembling the machine. But, and this is why it is late arriving at the dealers, the stickers had already fallen off the quads and they are waiting for new stickers to be made before they ship the machines. A Yamaha exec was overheard saying to save time and money, only put on half of the glue, but the sticker guys were already doing that. The exec said, oh well, we will just make up the money from the profits we should put into R & D to improve future models.
Hey, weibz, now that is how to properly bash a new quad. Remember, the 'c' is silent.

Old 08-27-2000, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider

Yo (italian accent) i made this post to talk about the 650EX (true/false) not another quad bashing post.

Old 08-27-2000, 04:06 PM
Pro Rider

I come here to excersize my God given right to freedom of speech. (Que God Bless America) As far as 650EX true/false I can answer that for you. False, until Honda makes and announcement, which is looking more and more unlikely.

Old 08-27-2000, 08:43 PM
Trailblazer

I don't believe I flamed you or called you names, I just asked what you had against Yamaha's. I've owned a '98 Banshee, '00 Rancher S 4X4, and a mix of yamaha and honda dirtbikes, and they all were reliable and exellent machines. I ride a yamaha now, but its not because I don't like honda, I just got a good deal on a good bike. I don't see a need for a 650EX, but if it came out, then cool, more high performance quads! Same with the raptor, maybe its arrival will get suzuki and kawasaki to get back into the high performance scene. I really miss the LT250R and Tecate -4, as well as the TRX250R. Roost on.

Old 08-27-2000, 11:21 PM
Pro Rider

Hey BigBear, don't sweat it. I wasn't referring to you. You seem like an open minded individual, but to answer your original question, I really don't have anything against Yamaha. I do feel that the Raptor is going to be a great machine, but fall very short of my expectations of a quad that will "blow away everything that is out there." Some people who have money down on them don't like my views and occasionally they sound off. Weibz is one of them. I think he is an intelligent guy, but he is blinded in this one area. I like giving him a hard time because he gets so riled up, never fails.

Old 08-28-2000, 12:44 PM
Pro Rider

Geez, let me guess Ridzhard has a Banshee?

Old 08-28-2000, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

free Speech?? True but if atvbbs wanted to ax your post he could... There is no freedom of speech on forums..

Quick Reply: TRX650EX