Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rubicon POLL.

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 08:51 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon POLL.

hi everyone.
i was just wondering how you like your rubicon.
and if you have had any major problems with it.
im told on the other forums the honda has its share of problems and i was just wondering what they were.
i've herd that they have subtranny problems and electrical glitches.
so far i have 1800 plus kilometers(1100miles) on my rubicon and nothing yet.
knock on wood.

Old 09-28-2004, 09:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rubicon POLL.

Almost 6,000 miles here and only one serious problem to speak of. I completely screwed up the rear end back in August because of lack of maintanance. I'm talking differential oil NEVER changed. When we cracked the rear pumpkin open, nothing but mud, water and sand inside. New ring gear, pinion gear, axle and bearings later, she's good as new. This was all my fault because I did not check the pumpkin oil when I first bought it. You live and learn. I don't care what people who own other makes say, Rubicons are awesome and reliable machines.

Old 09-29-2004, 10:42 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rubicon POLL.

anyone else have any coments about the rubicon.
good or bad i want to here them all.
im told by other people that dont own a honda that they know someone else that has a one and he or she has had nothing but trouble with them.
well nows your chance to tell us about them so called troubles.
and any good coments are welcome also.
bring them on we or i want to hear them all.

Old 09-30-2004, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider
Loves riding and can't get enough.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Rubicon POLL.

We have an early 01 Rubicon. It has 4850 miles on it. It carries two of us and a Tamarack trunk, total of close to 400 pounds. I do stay on top of all the maint. So far I have spent $5.95 on one worn upper control arm bushing. I did replace both bushings, shaft, and the two seals.

We are looking forward to the next 5150 miles so we can retire our 01 as an extra and purchase a new Rubicon. If we bought a new ATV today, no question it would be a new Red Rubicon. There is not another ATV on the market we are the least bit interested in. We would like a new one for the looks, bigger gas tank and brake lights. We will wait until ours turns the 10,000 mile mark first.

99% of our riding is in the Rocky Mountains. The engine braking is un-paraelled by any auto ATV. The Hondamatic is superior to all automatic transmissions in any ATV. The Rubicon is stable, aggressive, and dependable. The 2005 should be the ATV of the year, IMO.

Old 09-30-2004, 11:38 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rubicon POLL.

I've had my Rubicon now for about eighteen months. If I had it to do over again I would still buy the Rubicon.

Old 09-30-2004, 06:05 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rubicon POLL.

Yeah, Specta reminded me that I forgot to mention the absolute best transmission in any ATV, hands down. Hondamatic all the way.

Old 09-30-2004, 10:20 PM
Trailblazer
Default Rubicon POLL.

The latest episode of ATV Televison just had a sumary of their 2004 season. The Rubicon got voted best work quad, best slow speed trail quad and best transmisson. I have an 04 and would not want any other quad. IMO it is the best combination of work/trail. Dan

Old 09-30-2004, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rubicon POLL.

I wonder how long it's going to take the other guys to get away from the belts and build something like a Hondamatic. Not only is it way more reliable, it's also more power-efficient.

Old 09-30-2004, 11:00 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rubicon POLL.

redgoblin
i talked about the belts on other quads and all i got was ragged on by the belt runners.
but i agree with you that honda makes a superior tranny then all the other autos.
but untill someone like me switches over from another brand of atv like i did they will never agree with us.
hondas rule.
but im told were biast because we own a honda.
but i also owned an 2003 Arctic Cat 500 and it was in the shop more then on the trails.
and thats why i own a honda now.
and i hope i get to put 5000 trouble miles on my honda like you did RG.

Old 10-01-2004, 01:34 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rubicon POLL.

Originally posted by: mudblaster
redgoblin
i talked about the belts on other quads and all i got was ragged on by the belt runners.
but i agree with you that honda makes a superior tranny then all the other autos.
but untill someone like me switches over from another brand of atv like i did they will never agree with us.
hondas rule.
but im told were biast because we own a honda.
but i also owned an 2003 Arctic Cat 500 and it was in the shop more then on the trails.
and thats why i own a honda now.
and i hope i get to put 5000 trouble miles on my honda like you did RG.
I agree with ya mudblaster. I have a belt driven Bombardier Outlander 400HO in addition to the Rubicon, and there is a huge difference in the the power needed to do something as simple as getting the ATVs rolling. The Rubi has a much better response, even though the Outlander's response is very good for a belt drive.

Quick Reply: Rubicon POLL.