Old 10-30-2004, 08:28 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rancher AT jet kit

Old 10-30-2004, 08:31 PM
Trailblazer

Do they make a jet kit for the Rancher AT. I've been looking online and can't find one for this model. Even went to the k&n website

thanks

Old 10-31-2004, 12:56 AM
Elite Pro Rider

You could just 'do it yourself', and buy the individual jets that you need. Its lots cheaper than a kit. What kinds of mods are you looking at doing?

Old 10-31-2004, 08:05 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you try Dynojet direct? Part #Q114. Everything is usually in stock.

http://www.dynojet.com/jetkits/atvhondajets.shtml

Old 11-01-2004, 06:35 PM
Trailblazer

thanks for the advice. i'll probably jet it and get a new pipe. hope it makes a difference. i haven't actually been in a position where i needed more power, but it would be nice to have a little more.

Old 11-01-2004, 09:13 PM
Weekend Warrior

Don't bother w/ a jet kit. I tried it and it's nearly impossible. After I bought it, I spoke to a real honda mechanic and he put me in the right direction. They give you an assortment of main jets and a needle but unless your going to put it on a dyno, your waisting your time. I spent many hours with different main jets, needle postion and air screw adjustments. Hours that I could have been riding! The best thing that I finally did to mine was buy the next size up pilot jet and raise the needle one position. The only problem is that the jet kits don't give you pilot jets. You have to order them from your dealer. That gave me the best results. The bike was more responsive on the low end with much more power.
If you decide not to take my advice, I'll sell you a complete DynoJet Kit for a 2004 Rancher AT for $40.00 plus shipping..........

Old 11-01-2004, 11:04 PM
Range Rover

ncdncd,

How do you like that perfex suspension kit? I was close to buying one last week but realized it was hunting season and I needed some other items first.

Old 11-02-2004, 10:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

the perfex kit works great. it's a cheap way of adding more cushion to the existing garbage suspension from the factory. www.hondapartsworld.com (ask for john)
I can now go a lot faster through the trails and bumps where normally i would have to slow down considerably to avoid getting thrown from the machine.

Old 11-02-2004, 06:46 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: ncdncd
Don't bother w/ a jet kit. I tried it and it's nearly impossible. After I bought it, I spoke to a real honda mechanic and he put me in the right direction. They give you an assortment of main jets and a needle but unless your going to put it on a dyno, your waisting your time. I spent many hours with different main jets, needle postion and air screw adjustments. Hours that I could have been riding! The best thing that I finally did to mine was buy the next size up pilot jet and raise the needle one position. The only problem is that the jet kits don't give you pilot jets. You have to order them from your dealer. That gave me the best results. The bike was more responsive on the low end with much more power.
If you decide not to take my advice, I'll sell you a complete DynoJet Kit for a 2004 Rancher AT for $40.00 plus shipping..........
so you didn't use the jet kit at all? If I change the pilot, get a better pipe and air filter. will there be a noticable difference?
thanks for the advice, i'm a quad newbie

Old 11-03-2004, 11:36 AM
Weekend Warrior

Nope, I put all the Dyno Jet stuff back in the box. It may work but i need a dyno. Should you decide to get the jet kit, buy a botlle of Tylenol to go with it!

Quick Reply: Rancher AT jet kit