Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

New trx 450r

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 12:51 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New trx 450r

Speedbump has a slipon and he's talking smack and calling people out...

A little big for our britches are we?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 11-06-2004, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider
To ATV Thieves: "Hope you guys flip and die douches!"
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New trx 450r

Originally posted by: maddog56
Speedbump has a slipon and he's talking smack and calling people out...

A little big for our britches are we?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
LOL!!!! That's true, I didn't even see his mods till now. I know he will get the holeshot, but then I come and stop allthe talking in the long run. Not bashing on the honda's, just with speedbump.

Old 11-06-2004, 02:22 AM
Range Rover
Default New trx 450r

First off I am not talking trash to anyone or about anyones quad. In fact I said both the Raptor and Ds are good machines. BUT since some people seem to be ignorant and want to bicker or **** talk me I'll state it again.
WITH SIMILAR MODS THE TRX WILL EASILY BEAT BOTH A DS AND RAPTOR.

YFZ, if your raptor and my r were modded the same I would leave you lookin stupid.BUT since they arent it may be a bit closer I doubt it though. As for your YFZ, bring it, Im sure those Geckos provide great traction[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

For the rest of you infadels, I am not brand loyal and realize there is always someone faster.But it aint you so STFU. Alos it only takes the Dr.D to put a whippin on Bombs and Raps. Again drag races are NOT3/4 of a mile long, at least not on any snctioning body. Pretty sad when it takes you that long to hit your top speed.

The Dr.D provides a very broad power curve. added to a hrc or any other cam and it is very potent, more than most people need. It may not be the best, but for179. it gets the job done.

Old 11-06-2004, 02:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default New trx 450r

Originally posted by: Speedbump
First off I am not talking trash to anyone or about anyones quad. In fact I said both the Raptor and Ds are good machines. BUT since some people seem to be ignorant and want to bicker or **** talk me I'll state it again.
WITH SIMILAR MODS THE TRX WILL EASILY BEAT BOTH A DS AND RAPTOR.

YFZ, if your raptor and my r were modded the same I would leave you lookin stupid.BUT since they arent it may be a bit closer I doubt it though. As for your YFZ, bring it, Im sure those Geckos provide great traction[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img].

For the rest of you infadels, I am not brand loyal and realize there is always someone faster.But it aint you so STFU. Alos it only takes the Dr.D to put a whippin on Bombs and Raps. Again drag races are NOT3/4 of a mile long, at least not on any snctioning body. Pretty sad when it takes you that long to hit your top speed.

The Dr.D provides a very broad power curve. added to a hrc or any other cam and it is very potent, more than most people need. It may not be the best, but for179. it gets the job done.

Old 11-06-2004, 02:30 AM
Pro Rider
Default New trx 450r

Lets leave the kid alone, he can't handle it. Let him dream of taking the world with his 450r and his $179 Dr. D pipe.

Old 11-06-2004, 03:53 AM
Trailblazer
Default New trx 450r

When I bought my 450R the HRC cam and Curtis Sparks pipe was the First thing that I did and it was a Huge improvement but just a few months after I got it a friend of mine got a sparks cam and sparks pipe and I was far more impressed with the power of the Sparks cam than the Hrc. The hrc has good top end but felt horribly soft at the bottom compared to the sparks, However I would NOT advise a sparks exhaust seeing as to how mine broke welds and started falling apart after 3-1/2 months ( I have seen 3 other sparks pipes do the same ). After my sparks pipe crapped out I purchased an LRD full System but was not impressed with the power so I sold it and got a Chm.

Now about the Cam I Know sparks does not give out thier specs but they have a good reason. so others can copy thier idea. It does not matter to me whether they give the specs out or not I got it becuase I saw first hand that it put out more performance than the HRC. " BTW if it matters all that much the sparks cam is only a modified 02 CRF cam " ( Only a Rumor - Although the machinist at the honda dealership verified it ) It was said that 02 Crf cams are the best ones made. So why not take the best and make it better and resell them ?

I also agree with yfzinsanity that the Chm pipe is a big performer Plus the quality is a major bonus. I do like Dubach and I almost got one because there are a few 450R's around and I liked the looks. But I decided to try Chm due to the Crf Riders here constantly worshipping thier CHM pipes. I never got a chance to personally ride on a Dubach ( DR.D ) equipped 450R but I have let another 450R owner that was running a Sparks cam / DR.D Exhaust and he even claimed that Chm had a slight bit More Low-mid with really good top but the dubach had slightly less low-mid but a more noticable top. My understanding is that the overall power on both systems is excellent.

Also from what I understand the HRC and DR.D is another hard to beat combo. So choose whatever you want, Choose what best fits your riding style. It all boils down to personnal preference/ Riding style. I absolutly love my CHM for the MX track and Dunes cause It does its job and it does it gooood IMO!! Plus its not that loud. Also If you have the extra cash and really want to up the performance get some titanium valves I think sparks sells them they supposably will make your 450R rev just as quick as a YFZ. I saw a guy at the dunes a few months back with just Tit valves and an LRD exh hanging with a yfz running a two Bros pipe and Cam mod. I'm getting ready to invest in some.

Honda CRF-450 Exhaust Shootout [/L]

Old 11-06-2004, 03:55 AM
Trailblazer
Default New trx 450r

Sorry Here is that link again CRF-450 Exhaust Shootout

EDIT: For some reason I can't get the link to work so here is the URL

http://www.off-road.com/dirtbike/pro...3_04/test.html

Old 11-06-2004, 01:29 PM
Range Rover
Default New trx 450r

Lets leave the kid alone, he can't handle it. Let him dream of taking the world with his 450r and his $179 Dr. D pipe.
Yfz, its obvious that your oblivious to the fact that you are not the fastest and neither are your quads. I am not some little kid on here posting either. I am a very succesful business man, and have built a few motors over the years. I never said I was the fastest or had the fastest machine. I simply stated my opinion of the truth. Speak with any serious motor builder and they will inform you that my thoughts and statements are more accurate than your assumptions.

Old 11-06-2004, 01:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default New trx 450r

Alright speedbump, when did I say a have the fastest quad??????????? I know I don't. I could tell are a very succesful businessman, and have some very accurate statements! Enough with the fighting!

Old 11-09-2004, 01:37 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default New trx 450r

There is absolutely no way that a Raptor with exhaust and filter and jet kit could beat a stock 450R. I have raced far too many raptors when my 450R was stock and there is no comparison. Now that I have the sparks full race cam, x-6 exhaust and jet/filter, I was smoking piped yfz's all day long. Step up to the yfz's the Raptors are old news. Sorry to break the news to ya!

Quick Reply: New trx 450r