Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

beat a piped banshee

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2004, 07:06 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default beat a piped banshee

well, i was out riding with my friend, he has a bansee with toomey pipes and holeshot tires and my 450r is all stock. we lined up and the first drag we were neck and neck only because my front wheels popped up and i had to let off the gas, but when the tires touched down, i caught back up to him and we were even to the finish. the second time around, i started off slow as to not flip over and he barely got the holeshot, but a little after i passed him and beat him by about 2 lengths. i have been riding for about a year and a half and hes been riding for about 3, and i weigh about 15 lbs less than him

Old 11-07-2004, 07:17 PM
Pro Rider

I like your name, mine is catchmeifucan on here, but on other forums and AIM, its fastATC250r.......I thought it was kinda cool.

Old 11-09-2004, 09:17 PM
Pro Rider

then your friend sucks at riding quads...

Old 11-09-2004, 10:06 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

And you suck ..................... lol[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-09-2004, 10:41 PM
Pro Rider

yea if he got the holeshot and u passed him and beat him by 2 quad lengths then hes either doin sumthin wrong or the bike aint runnin right

Old 11-09-2004, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider

Congrats. on your victory. 450r does about 72 or so. Banshee does 75 or so stock. With pipes it should do 80 easily & your bike was stock & beat a piped Banshee??? You were there & I wasn't so I'll give you the benefit of a doubt. I'm not hating but only stating the facts that I know!!! Like I said, before congrats. on your win....

Old 11-09-2004, 11:42 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: fastrx450r
well, i was out riding with my friend, he has a bansee with toomey pipes and holeshot tires and my 450r is all stock. we lined up and the first drag we were neck and neck only because my front wheels popped up and i had to let off the gas, but when the tires touched down, i caught back up to him and we were even to the finish. the second time around, i started off slow as to not flip over and he barely got the holeshot, but a little after i passed him and beat him by about 2 lengths. i have been riding for about a year and a half and hes been riding for about 3, and i weigh about 15 lbs less than him
Don't let these guys rattle your cage. I believe you 100%.

I've seen MANY 450Rs and YFZs beat some decently modded Banshees on more than one occasion. There's a place in Oklahoma we ride at on Sunday afternoons. You can usually find about 40-50 or so quads drag racing all afternoon long. There's a handful of Banshees that ride there. I can think of one that has a LOT of money in it. Anyway, the Rs and YFZs are out in front of these bikes every time.

Having owned and spent a lot of time on a Banshee I found it tough to believe myself. I didn't think it was possible until I'd done it myself on several occasions. While a do think that the Banshee would probably beat you on top end, the low end grunt and pulling power we have will beat them in a drag race.

Congrats,

Buck

Trending Topics

Old 11-10-2004, 12:18 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: JTY2K
Congrats. on your victory. 450r does about 72 or so. Banshee does 75 or so stock. With pipes it should do 80 easily & your bike was stock & beat a piped Banshee??? You were there & I wasn't so I'll give you the benefit of a doubt. I'm not hating but only stating the facts that I know!!! Like I said, before congrats. on your win....
You are going to compare top speeds and tell me that it means which machine is faster at the end of a typical drag? Unless you are running 1/4 mile you probably arent even going to come close to top speed.

Old 11-10-2004, 12:58 AM
Pro Rider

Man, I'm not trying to start a fight. Personally I couldn't care less what you can beat, I'm just calling B.S. because I know your full of it. The 450's are fast...I know I have one. But stock they are choked up and my best friend has a toomey piped banshee /w intake. When I was stock there was no contest.....so there is ether somthing wrong with his quad or somthing wrong with him.

Old 11-10-2004, 01:10 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Trinity, I cant fully understand what your post means. Was it no contest for your stock 450 to beat the piped banshee, or did he beat you?

My cousin's piped and stock filtered banshee beat every stock yfz and trx the last time we were out, and all of the R's with pipes. Some of the piped yfz's he took, and others blew him away. I have no idea what the piped machines had in them, but only one beat me, and I have seen him whip a built zilla so...

You have to remember a lot of this comes down to rider and terrain. Proper tuning, gearing, tires etc all make a significant difference as well.

Quick Reply: beat a piped banshee