Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Which A-arms would be the best

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2000, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought about purchasing some aftermarket a-arms and shocks later on this year, or early next. I am wanting to get the a-arms first, but don't want to pay a lot for a decent set. I have looked at the Krypton +2 Super A-arms in a Shocconnection advertisement in Dirt Wheels. Prices started at $395.00 (which they might be more than that), but that more than likely wouldn't include tie rods, bushings, etc. Does anyone know? Or know of a cheaper place to buy them from?

I have also heard about Burgard's A-arm kit. This kit is suppose to come with everything you need to install the a-arms (except the brake lines). Does anyone have this kit or know about it? About how much is it? Where can I get them at the cheapest price? Please help if you can.

Old 09-06-2000, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

I just read a review on the Burgard A-Arms, and they seem to be great. Should I get the +2, or the +2, +1 forward a-arms? What all will I have to buy if I purchase the Burgard kit?

I have also looked at the Houser kit. It is cheap, good quality, and nice looking. It comes with everything you need too. I think I'll just get those.

Old 09-06-2000, 10:25 PM
Trailblazer

be careful when purchasin a-arms like jd performance-etc. there ball joints are known to bust.

Old 09-06-2000, 10:35 PM
Trailblazer

I have the Burgard +2 a-arms on my 400. They are well worth the money at $525 and look good, too. The ones I have are nickel plated but with a little mother's polish they look very similar to chrome. There is nothing else you need to have to use the a-arms. I have the stock brake lines on and I ran the stock shocks for awhile. The shocks will be softer but still rideable. The only negative is the lack of grease fittings. But,like I said they are well worth the money. Call either Burgard's or K and K atv to order them.

Old 09-07-2000, 02:04 PM
Pro Rider

Alright, Alright... Let me let you in on a little secret I now the guy who makes RPM swing-arms and A-arms/tie rods. I bought my set of a-arms for $375 including balljoints/tierods.. I have seen his work in action out here at the desert races and never has he broke an a-arm... The ball joints are old ford mercury ball joint.. Virtually indistructible... My swing arm he custom made for me for $300 I had it then sandblasted and powdercoated for $100.. Let me say it pays to have a friend the the manufacturing business...

Old 09-07-2000, 04:46 PM
Pro Rider

Ok, but how does that help any of us really? We dont know him and cant purchase the A-arms from him for 375 can we?
If this is the normal going price, I will order a set today.

Old 09-07-2000, 04:48 PM
Pro Rider

That is what I am going to find out.. Having a contract with RPM might make it difficult..

Old 09-07-2000, 08:54 PM
Pro Rider

Which is the better set of A-arms? Burgard or Houser Racing? I know that the Houser doesn't come with a +2 width, and +1 forward setup. Does the Burgard? Has anyone had experience with these? Is one stronger than the other? Please help if you can. Thanks.

Old 09-09-2000, 12:48 AM
Pro Rider

I believe I've decided on the Burgard A-arm kit. I have four questions. Who is running these on a 400EX? What shocks do you have? How well do they work? How do they hold up? Thanks in advance for you help.

Old 09-09-2000, 01:39 AM
Trailblazer

As I mentioned before, I have Burgard +2 a-arms on my 400. You will not regret buying them. They will enhance both your handling and the looks of your quad. I ran stock shocks for awhile and they were fine for everything except the bigger jumps. Now, I have Works triplerates and this combination is great for mx and freeriding. No compliants here. If you have anymore questions just ask.

Quick Reply: Which A-arms would be the best