Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Ever wonder why ATV'ers get a bad wrap???

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2000, 01:56 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just read down through 90% of the posts made today. They pretty much state the intellegence of the veiwers in this forum.
"If it doesen't go 90mph....It must be crap!!!"
God forbid Honda introduces an "entry level" sport machine. Who would want something that may bring more first-times out into the woods for a day of riding?
You people need too grow up!!!!! ATVing is more than just speed..... It's these types of people that give us all a bad name.

I for one support Honda's decision too come out with an entry level sport machine. Now there is something for everyone in thier lineup.

Old 09-14-2000, 02:05 PM
Trailblazer

Well said! I would take less weight or better handling over top speed anyday. Where I ride speed has no place. Just my thought's.

Old 09-14-2000, 02:07 PM
Range Rover

I agree, I have a niece and nephew who have outgrown the 90 and are ready to step up, but my niece has trouble with the clutch and my nephew would like the 250ex also. This new quad may not be what some people want but I think its a perfect ride for alot of people. I would bet that Honda did their homework on this one and I think they stand to make alot of money on the machine and thats the bottom line for Honda. I still think the 400ex is at the top as far as handling goes and thats what really counts.

Just my two cents worth.

Old 09-14-2000, 02:14 PM
Trailblazer

Well spoken!!! I have a similar post titled, "Pathetic!!!"

Schtick

Old 09-14-2000, 02:17 PM
Range Rover

HERE HERE! Can't agree more. I just got finished discussing that with this DA in the Yamaha forum(why? I don't really know) and it's pretty amazing that take some people have.

Old 09-14-2000, 02:30 PM
Range Rover
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Why everyone is so angary is where is our new sport quad? I will never buy a 400ex...because the raptor is available with REVERSE (very important to me) and real POWER! Who wants a 28hp sport quad (400ex) with no reverse...when you can get a 45hp sport quad with reverse. The kicker is there almost the same price! To keep people happy, they needed to come out with something to compete...and they failed.

Oh, buy the way...what was wrong with the 300ex? Did they really need a 250ex too? No. Do they really need a real sport quad? Yes. This 250ex is for riders 16 years old and older for those of you wanting to buy it for there 13 year old son. Now justify this quad. These are hard times to be a honda fan.

Old 09-14-2000, 02:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I dont think its necessarily putting down the 250ex, Im sure it is a nice quad, but why in the world would anybody call it a sport machine? I know you Honda guys like to rag on Polaris for being an automatic, but now that the 250ex is out, its the next best thing to sliced bread... I dont even see how they can call it a sport machine. Drum brakes, auto clutch, etc.. Maybe the plastic makes it sport, huh? Not to mention the fact that it appears Honda does not want to compete anymore. They would prefer to sit on their laurels and stay happy.. Oh well. not my concern, I like beating up on Hondas!

RoostKing...

Old 09-14-2000, 02:44 PM
Range Rover

Well "race" and "sport" aren't synonymous but they are the same category for an atv at this point in time. So your correct to separate the two.

Old 09-14-2000, 02:48 PM
Pro Rider

So true! also the guys that think it is cool to out run the cops and all that , doesnt help either. It is true most people want 900cc's that will go 125mph in 30 feet or less.

Old 09-14-2000, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider

Complaining is much easier than complementing.

Quick Reply: Ever wonder why ATV'ers get a bad wrap???