Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Pulse Charger report card for 450R

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 03:22 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulse Charger report card for 450R

Originally posted by: KGB
The PC pipe does more on the bottom in every dyno.
OK.

There are a few stock bore 450R with a PC that is pushing 50-52 on a REAL corrected dyno.
Stock bore, what has been done? Since I am almost 47 with just a cam and a pipe, I can see a stock bore getting in the 50's.

I am not trying to bash the PC pipe, but I have seen claims of 60hp rear wheel, to dynos of 45hp with cam and pipe. PC is claiming tons of hp, but refuse to give any actual hp numbers. I am seeing a small handfull of people who have personal ties with the company(preproduction units plus more) making claims with no proof than their biased words.

Old 01-19-2005, 10:16 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

[quote]
Originally posted by: jmpulse
There are a few stock bore 450R with a PC that is pushing 50-52 on a REAL corrected dyno.
Stock bore, what has been done? Since I am almost 47 with just a cam and a pipe, I can see a stock bore getting in the 50's.

I am not trying to bash the PC pipe, but I have seen claims of 60hp rear wheel, to dynos of 45hp with cam and pipe. PC is claiming tons of hp, but refuse to give any actual hp numbers. I am seeing a small handfull of people who have personal ties with the company(preproduction units plus more) making claims with no proof than their biased words.
I have seen some sizeable claims on the yamaha side of the field too. Same situation with Barker pipes as well, big claims no proof. Actually the yammi guys are even more bold with thier claims, with both pipes.

That's not to say they dont produce, I just havent seen it yet.

KGB, even though I do not own an R, I still appreciate your objective and intelligent input from this product. Please continue to update us as you get more experience with it.

Old 01-19-2005, 01:19 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

jmpulse,
I do not know where you are coming from, with the claims of 60 hp, no dynos from the PC ect. Who is telling you this? Where are you getting this innacurate info? Who told you that you could not get a hp number from PC? They have been posting dyno graphs from the Vicious Cycle dyno, and two other 3rd party dynos all over another site. www.trx450R.org is the place to find it all.
Who are these biased people making the claims you are reporting? I am not biased, I do not have any connection to Vicious Cycle, I recieved NOTHING in return for my report, I was simply asked to provide feedback, on my big bore 450R.
You are not at 47 real hp at the wheel with a cam and pipe. IF you are, its metric hp. If you are, the tow I am stock bores I am tellign you about would read over 60 rwhp on that dyno, EASY.
I am one of maybe 3 that have actually ridden with the pipe as of yet.
Either back up your claims, with some sources, some proof, or please stop passing out false info.
Thanks Maddog,
I will definetly have some hard data after this weekend.

Old 01-20-2005, 12:39 AM
Range Rover

KGB, I appreciate your time. You were one of the first to look toward the R as a duner quad. Please report what you find this weekend. Please PM me if your concerned about backlash from the people in this tread. I'm done using loud pipes that sound fast.

Thanks
Chet

Old 01-20-2005, 01:12 AM
Pro Rider

I am also waiting to hear info on this PC pipe.
I thought there was going to be a lot of info on how it did after FSWs, as there were supposed to be some results from Mad??? Yet I have not heard anything.

Old 01-20-2005, 01:46 AM
KGB
Pro Rider

Mad had PC on two bikes, and both had problems, that kept them off the hill.
Production pipes will ship this next week. Z400 pipes are coming next, Rappys, then 400ex.

Old 01-20-2005, 02:34 AM
Pro Rider

Mad had PC on two bikes, and both had problems, that kept them off the hill.
Production pipes will ship this next week. Z400 pipes are coming next, Rappys, then 400ex.
Well, that makes sense as to why I haven't heard anything yet then.
I was mainly interested in the results for the YFZ, but am willing to wait till they come out.

Oh, and I thought the website said they were around 98-99 db.

Does this sound correct?

Old 01-20-2005, 03:16 AM
Weekend Warrior

jmpulse,
I do not know where you are coming from, with the claims of 60 hp, no dynos from the PC ect. Who is telling you this? Where are you getting this innacurate info?
http://www.trx450r.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=3869

Who told you that you could not get a hp number from PC?
I went to their website, when I first saw people talking about them, and send an e-mail asking for they gains of power with their exaust. Their reply was that they don't play the dyno game. I am sorry that I deleted the e-mail, but it came from their own company.

You are not at 47 real hp at the wheel with a cam and pipe. IF you are, its metric hp. If you are, the tow I am stock bores I am tellign you about would read over 60 rwhp on that dyno, EASY.
450R dyno. The green is stock run, the blue is with the LTE system, and the red is with exaust and HRC Cam.

Either back up your claims, with some sources, some proof, or please stop passing out false info.

This is all the time I feel like spending on my proof.

Old 01-20-2005, 03:24 AM
Weekend Warrior

the tow I am stock bores I am tellign you about would read over 60 rwhp on that dyno, EASY.

So, what is done to these quads, there is a lot that can be done to a stock bore motor to build a lot of power.

Old 01-20-2005, 08:01 PM
KGB
Pro Rider

jm,
don't get me wrong, I am not arguing with you, just trying to get the facts straight.
The thread over at the org, that you linked was for Ticemans YSR50 witha YZF400 bored out to a 426. He had best runs of 60 hp, with a custom made Yoshi pipe, he bolted on a PC with a crappy headpipe and picked up 2 hp. That thing is so far from stock on anything, and its not even a quad engine, and its not even in a quad. You should expect a 2 wheeler to show more ponies from less tire resistance, bigger tires.

Your right VCP does not play the dyno game. Liek LRD saying that with their pipe you can get 46 hp. That is so far from the truth. Many companies manipulate teh dyno to show huge increases with little modifications. I had a deep conversation with the owner of VCP, and he wa having a hard time with posting dynos, becasue his are true, and the competition for the most part uses way off base claims. A dyno number means nothing without a base run on the same day, same temp, ect. Dyno numbers are only for ego. Dyno tuning, base lines comparisons ect, thats what its all about.
The stock bores I am telling you have EVERYTHING done to them , just about. The stock bore winner at 4SW was a 52 hp engine on a dyno that said a 450R made 36 stock. It was alot faster than YFZ's that dynoed 58 on the mobile dyno at 4SW.

Your dyno numbers are VERY high, the engines I am talking about woudl dyno in the 60's on your dyno. LRD claims 46 with their pipe. For instance my lrd pipe on a stock 450R dynoed at 38 hp on the same dyno that reads 49 for a very built stock bore.

All you proved is that you did not read the details of the graph you posted, did not use a dyno that uses correction factors, and do not understand how engine builders use a dyno vs. a person looking for a number to brag about.

I am not busting your *****, trust me. I know what I am talking about, I have done the research, I have my facts straight.
Your quite a bit off base, sorry.

Maddog, that sounds about right onthe db's. I know the sleeper core will be AMA legal with no loss of power.

Quick Reply: Pulse Charger report card for 450R