Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rincon owners, how do you like e'm??

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2005, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rincon owners, how do you like e'm??

I currently own a Grizzly 660 and I'm tired of the damn axles breaking. And I really don't think they are very relaible at all. I am interested in the Rincon, that and my wheels will bolt directly up to it. I have heard Dirt Wheels bash them for the power. Just how bad is it? If I have to lose a bit of power I will, I just want the reliability of a Honda. Any info anyone?

Old 01-18-2005, 11:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

My dad has a Rincon its a great bike. He keeps up just fine. Great power its reliabili steering and supensions is top of the line. He just turned 60 and this past weekend he got all 4 wheels of the ground over a small jump. I have some pics of his ride if you would like to see . Good luck

Old 01-18-2005, 11:43 PM
Trailblazer

I own an '04 rincon, good bike. Tore one cv boot, regular stuff. Lots of power, great ride as far as suspension. I hear a lot of people bashing it for not having diff lock, low range, etc. Who cares. You want that, go get a Yamadog or polaris. You want 100% reliability and bullet proof engine, along with a plush ride, go Honda(rincon). You can't have it all!

Old 01-19-2005, 12:16 AM
Pro Rider

Do they seem to pull good having only the single range?

Old 01-19-2005, 12:23 AM
Trailblazer

Not bad....like I said, if you want to pull a tree stump out of the ground, better buy a bulldozer. It will pull as much as I need it to.

Old 01-21-2005, 03:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

I own a 03 beefed it up alot and am still not impressed but it all depends what your doing with it if its for the mudd ,No way trails ,yes sir,let me know your intentions and ill let you know what to get?

Old 01-21-2005, 10:54 AM
Trailblazer

ridinhigh ----- I use the Rincon in Colorado for Elk hunting. I run 8 miles up a rough mountain to get to where I hunt. I have had all the Hondas from 300 up and beleave in them and their reliability. This past fall I killed a very large Elk Cow. I gutted it, cut it in half, put half on the front rack, pulled the other half, put a 210 lb buddy hanging low on the uphill side, I weigh 230 lbs, we pulled the load 200 yards too another Honda Rubicon to share the load. I figure we had 350 lbs of Elk plus ourselfs and the Rincon handled it like a champ. That is my experience for what it is worth. Good riding.

Old 01-21-2005, 11:08 AM
Weekend Warrior

I have an 04 Rincon. Ride with a lot of other riders (700 Polaris, 650 Kaw and many others). We do a lot of hill climbing and riding in swamps. I have never had to be pulled or winched out, infact I am the one winching all of them out!
Has pleanty of power (I am 230lbs) to pull me through the thick swamp mud and hills.
Never had one problem with it.
Best ATV I have ever owned!!!

Old 01-21-2005, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider

I guess you can find a problem with any atv. With me I always want to get the biggest and best, but most of the time they are the worst. With Polaris is the price and a weight, Suzuki its the looks, Yamaha its the crappy axles, Kawasaki its the belt drive, Artic Cat has a weight prob too. And the only thing with the Rincon is the 3 speed. Hell if it were setup like the Ruby, I'd go out tomorrow and buy one. My brothers got the Rubicon and its neat having all them tranny options and gears, its just low on power for me. I'd definately want to drive the Rincon first, it may really surprise me.

Old 01-21-2005, 04:41 PM
Trailblazer

I have been riding the Rincon for three years now after riding two Rubicons, a 450 ES, two 400's and several 300's. I have no problem whatsoever with the three speed. I normaly sell and buy new every year, or at least I did until I got the Rincon. I love it so much I don't want to give it up, I probably will this year. I will get another Rincon immediatelly. Good riding.

Quick Reply: Rincon owners, how do you like e'm??