Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Got my new Rubicon today. Great ATV, but the dealer???

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2005, 08:45 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my new Rubicon today. Great ATV, but the dealer???

Well, after months of waiting and waiting - it finally came. My green Rubicon arrived yesterday and the dealer installed the plow bracket and related goin's-on. It's a beautiful machine but...

It was greasy, dirty and scratched up. I'm going to get it dirty and scratched but I wanted to get it dirty and scratched! The tires had four different pressures ranging from a little over two psi to a little over 4 psi; no two were the same! The black plastic panels that shroud the forward portion of the engine were not installed but merely laying loose upon the engine, the insulator/covers for the battery terminals and selonoid terminals were not on; the plow winch wiring needed wire tires and a fastener that holds a rear fender flare onto the rear fender was missing. This crap does kinds take away from that purchase experience if you know what I mean!

When they removed the skid plate for the installation of the plow bracket, they did not give me the skid plate. I intend to modify it so that the aft section can still be used to protect the aluminum transmission case(s).

Aside form having to go there tomorrow and get my skid plate and stuff I only had one hiccup with the machine, the drive modes would flash and engine went into fail safe mode and developed very little power. After shutting down and checking the battery terminals, all seems to be fine now. Darned electronics!$%!#%#@!

Anyone have any experiences using a portion of the skid plate in conjunction with the Moose Utility plow bracket. I really want to have as many skid plates as possible for the rocky trails we go on and do not want to keep taking the plow bracket on and off between seasons. Let me know if anyone has been where I'm going.

BTW, this is the same dealer that supposedly adjusted the toe in on my sons Rancher but it came back the same way it went in. Great prices though and the owner is a real nice guy.

Old 01-19-2005, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

Isnt there a place or can you complain to Honda about this dealership??? They dont sound fair and soemthing should be done about it

my .2

Old 01-19-2005, 09:52 PM
Pro Rider

I'm happy to hear you finally got the Rubi! I think you and I have been traveling a parallel route on our decision to purchase the Rubicon. And we've both been waiting impatiently for the danged thing to come in. I finally picked my new red Rubicon last week and I love it.

The only problem so far is that I'm a wuss with it. With my old 300 4x4, I was fearless. I knew exactly what I could and could not do. I would go through brush or push over a small tree without thinking twice. Now I avoid anything that might put a scratch in the new plastic. :-)

Old 01-19-2005, 09:56 PM
Range Rover

I would be pi$$ed off if i paid that much money for one i would want it to be perfect and not a scratch on it but thats just me??

Old 01-19-2005, 11:03 PM
Pro Rider

when i got my new rubicon it was still in the crate and when they took it out it was filthy and the black moldings were all on the front of the quad.
i wanted it now not tomorow but i waited one more day and when i got it it was all shinny and clean i was very happy i waited the extra day to pick it up.
P.S. if you want to make it look like brand new try putting some lemon pledge on it it realy shines then.

Old 01-19-2005, 11:15 PM
Trailblazer

I am really sorry to hear that you had to pick up your new quad in that shape. I work for a Honda dealership and we make sure that the quad is serviced to the max and clean. We have also replaced plastic on new quads that have scratches just so the person getting this unit is 100 % happy with it. There is no reason that you should get a unit in that shape also the skid plate is part of your unit and you should have it to take home,
Please take the time to send a letter to Honda U.S.A and let them know how you received your unit because dealers like that make us all look bad .

Thanks
John

Old 01-20-2005, 08:14 AM
Range Rover

Thanks for the replies, guys. Sorry to whine but I had to blow off some steam with somebody and who would understand better than you all.

You know, I bought two machines from these guys, an '05 Rancher and the Rubicon; I brought a 30-pack of Miller Lite in the shop with me when I came to pick it up yesterday. Problem is they only have one tech and the owner's son (self-impressed with himself little pr1ck that he is) is apparently in charge of customer satisfaction and he truly could not care less!

More than anything else that I mentioned above, the fact that the dealership is very close to my offcie and therefore very convenient to drop off for repairs and service is now coupled with the fact that if they say that they adjusted the valves or checked this or that ... do I believe them? I just do not have confidence in them.

Old 01-20-2005, 08:37 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm...dealers tend to underestimate the importance of new vehicle delivery. It sounds like the dealer principle isn't a bad guy. You'd be doing him a favor by communicating your dissatisfaction...in a tactful way of course. Sometimes it's good to throw in some positve too. Let them know you mean business though, as in they could lose yours.

Old 01-20-2005, 08:57 AM
Trailblazer

its not really his fault the vehicle came in that kind of shape, you probibly could have gotten a different one if you asked right? but then you would have to wait for it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 01-20-2005, 09:49 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I would not have taken it home in that condition. People are paying a lot of money for these quads. They deserve to get them scratch free. Not scratches come free with each quad. They might have taken it for a few joy rides if it was the first 2005 Rubi to be delivered to them. I would talk to the owner when you go back in to pick up your skid plate.

You could have refused the quad. Just let the owner know that you weren't completely happy.

Quick Reply: Got my new Rubicon today. Great ATV, but the dealer???