Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

More power and speed for my foreman?

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2005, 11:37 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More power and speed for my foreman?

I own a 2004 Honda 450 Foreman ES. I did a lot of research before making a purchase, in addition to hammering out a killer deal. I see a lot of postings about more power and speed for the foreman.

IF YOU BOUGHT A FOREMAN - ON PURPOSE - WHY WOULD YOU CARE ABOUT MORE POWER OR SPEED?
I say - on purpose - because some folks will surely have a foreman that is older than dirt that was given to them, therefore this rant does not apply to you.

Lets face it fellas, this is not a speed quad. If you want fast, go get a kids bike with training wheels, it will have a better top speed than a Foreman - just kidding - the foreman will take the bike on a hill. As for power, I doubt there are a lot of options geared more for power than a stock Foreman. This quad is all about power - and work - and grannying along trails. It's great for mud, it's great for plowing, it's great for hauling or moving stuff, or pulling stuff. It's not "Going to kick the butt out of anything, man". It's just not gonna do it. The suspension is more like a tractor than anything built to go 40 miles per hour.

Bottom Line on the Foreman - If you want to ever race anyone - and win -you don't belong on a Foreman. If you are interested in a UTILITY quad for work and trail riding, it will be fine. If you want a quad that is all about work, this one is probably one of - if not - the best quad.

Now, can anyone tell me how I can spend $2000.00 on upgrades so I can get another 1.5 HP out of my foreman? I'm trying to beat the neighbors Polaris 700 in a race!!! He's dared me and everything!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 01-20-2005, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: encorepete
I own a 2004 Honda 450 Foreman ES. I did a lot of research before making a purchase, in addition to hammering out a killer deal. I see a lot of postings about more power and speed for the foreman.

IF YOU BOUGHT A FOREMAN - ON PURPOSE - WHY WOULD YOU CARE ABOUT MORE POWER OR SPEED?
I say - on purpose - because some folks will surely have a foreman that is older than dirt that was given to them, therefore this rant does not apply to you.

Lets face it fellas, this is not a speed quad. If you want fast, go get a kids bike with training wheels, it will have a better top speed than a Foreman - just kidding - the foreman will take the bike on a hill. As for power, I doubt there are a lot of options geared more for power than a stock Foreman. This quad is all about power - and work - and grannying along trails. It's great for mud, it's great for plowing, it's great for hauling or moving stuff, or pulling stuff. It's not "Going to kick the butt out of anything, man". It's just not gonna do it. The suspension is more like a tractor than anything built to go 40 miles per hour.

Bottom Line on the Foreman - If you want to ever race anyone - and win -you don't belong on a Foreman. If you are interested in a UTILITY quad for work and trail riding, it will be fine. If you want a quad that is all about work, this one is probably one of - if not - the best quad.

Now, can anyone tell me how I can spend $2000.00 on upgrades so I can get another 1.5 HP out of my foreman? I'm trying to beat the neighbors Polaris 700 in a race!!! He's dared me and everything!!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
lol isnt gonna happen... your tranny is geared too low, your engine would need to run at like 15000 rpms to hit 65 70 like the 700

Old 01-20-2005, 01:46 PM
Trailblazer

I guess I figured that everyone would know that part was a joke based on previous posts - sorry.

Old 01-20-2005, 02:37 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: encorepete
I guess I figured that everyone would know that part was a joke based on previous posts - sorry.
yeah i know it was.... 15000 rpms lol comeon ud need a crotchrocket engine to do that