Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rancher or Recon ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2000, 12:41 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am getting a new 4-wheeler and have decided between Rancher 4x4 es or a Recon. I mostly just ride for fun on trails and gravel roads. I rode the recon and I love how it is quick and easy to handle, How does the Rancher compare ? Which is faster ? I like the extra features of the rancher, but i dont wanna heavy feelin 4-wheeler. Can anyone advise me ?

Old 09-17-2000, 12:47 AM
Weekend Warrior

the recon is lighter an less money but the rancher is an alsome machine it is not hard to jump an it handles well
it is faster than the recon to if it was me i would go for the rancher.

Old 09-17-2000, 12:52 AM
Trailblazer

Thanks, Money is not even an issue. I just want a quad that feels fairly light and quick handling like the recon, but love the 4x4 and other features of the rancher.

Old 09-17-2000, 02:25 AM
Pro Rider

if ya have a recon and want to step up to a better quad then you will LOVE the rancher!!!! period!!!! it is fast, but not the fastest, nimble, but not the nimblest, and fun to ride, probably the MOST FUN!!!!! can ya tell i love my rancher?

l8r
cart

Old 09-17-2000, 03:36 AM
Trailblazer

Both machines steer very easy, and trail friendly. I would go with the Rancher since it is 4wd, larger, and has an LCD(totally kickin). Don't get me wrong, the Recon is a treat to ride, and should do better in the VERY tight turning, provided you have good traction, but i also would just spend the extra money for the Rancher, should be worth it in the long run....

Old 09-17-2000, 03:45 AM
Pro Rider

I own both. The Rancher is my ride & the Recon my wifes. The Recon turning is easier, but that due to it being a 2WD machine. The steering on my 4wd isn't hard. The Rancher is faster with a top speed of 50-51 mph. The LCD is great & am glad to have it. If money is not an issue then the Rancher is the better ride. Both are good

Old 09-17-2000, 03:59 AM
Trailblazer

My first rig was a 00 Recon. My boy quickly let me know he was the guy for that one. Then my next rig was a 00 Rancher 4x4 ES, the Recon is much more fun to ride and gets loose in the turns ,so it is far more fun to screw around on. And we ride in the sand, gravel roads(this is where the Recon is at its best) and mountain trails. To be honest my son on that Recon has followed me through some stuff I thought he would never make , and every time I stop to look back he is running me over!! The only place the 4x4 beats him out is in the mud. I recently was shopping for another rig and decided the 01 Rancher 2x4ES would be the right one for the following reasons.1)The ride is real smooth. 2) The power is better than the Recon. 3)The 2x4 allows me to power slide on the gravel roads. 4) The size of the Rancher fits a large person a little better tan the Recon. Please don't get me wrong the 4x4 ES handles great but it goes where it is pointed and has great traction. It is just more fun on a 2x4. The new 2x4 I bought has really surprised my friends as far as how well it climbs. Either the Recon or the Rancher are great rigs. Hope this was helpful.

Old 09-17-2000, 10:48 AM
Trailblazer

Im wandering will a Rancher fit inside my S10 ?I do like the electric shift and display on the rancher.

Old 09-17-2000, 10:56 AM
Trailblazer

I dont hunt or do work on 1, im just lookin for 1 that is a blast to ride !!!

Old 09-17-2000, 12:02 PM
BTN
Weekend Warrior

GO RANCHER4X4 ES I will direct you to the classifieds!

Quick Reply: Rancher or Recon ???