Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

416ex questions.....

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2005, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 416ex questions.....

The labor is the real "deal killer" if you dont want to take on the tear down and assembly for something like this.

As said b4 its not all the hard to do, but like anything else there are little tricks that can make a big difference.

If you decide to go ahead with it post up again and I can (or many others here too) get you some info to make things a little easier for you and also others that are inexpensive and get you some extra power.

Lastly if your going to go with the larger bore you better plan on the extra $110 for the hotcam since it wil make a whole lot of difference over the stock cam that will not be up to the new bore and compression your installing.

Either way good luck and take your time so you get it right.

Old 02-09-2005, 01:46 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: 440EX026
The labor is the real "deal killer" if you dont want to take on the tear down and assembly for something like this.

As said b4 its not all the hard to do, but like anything else there are little tricks that can make a big difference.

If you decide to go ahead with it post up again and I can (or many others here too) get you some info to make things a little easier for you and also others that are inexpensive and get you some extra power.

Lastly if your going to go with the larger bore you better plan on the extra $110 for the hotcam since it wil make a whole lot of difference over the stock cam that will not be up to the new bore and compression your installing.

Either way good luck and take your time so you get it right.
hey thanks for everything, but i think i going to hold off on the 416 for a little bit and focus on some smaller stuff like that i can do myself. But if i do decide to do the 416 later ill pm you for help. thanks for the info guys!

Old 02-09-2005, 03:08 AM
Pro Rider

For starters I would get a stage 1 hotcam from sweetquads. That helps alot, especially your bottem end. I just ordered that and i'll pm u and tell u how it worked if u'd like. PM me so I don't forget.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-10-2005, 12:06 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: SickRider
For starters I would get a stage 1 hotcam from sweetquads. That helps alot, especially your bottem end. I just ordered that and i'll pm u and tell u how it worked if u'd like. PM me so I don't forget.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
For the stock bore engines that have not seen any internal head work the stage1 is great, but if he ups the bore and does just about anything else to increase "flow"(any porting or even a larger header etc) most times the stage2 will produce much better overall gains.

If anyone wants to know the "why" its that way just ask.