Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

After Market Electric Shift

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2000, 01:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I installed a Cycle Country Electric Shift on my 1994 Honda trx 300 2x4. It was a pain in the you know what to install, but I have to say it really works well. It makes riding the 300 much more fun because the shifting is much quicker and flicking through the gears alot easier and faster. The pros with this system are that you can still use the stock foot shifter if you desire and the quality of the shifting is much better if you use the electric shift button as I mentioned above. Cycle Country needs to seriously work on their instructions because I found myself guessing alot of times, and quite frankly did not know if it was going to work after I completed installation. It was a very time consuming process. Another minor negative is that if you are in neutral, the electric shifter will not shift out of neutral if the machine is not running, but you can use the foot shifter to bring it out of neutral if it is not running. I have a Rancher 4x4 es, and it is my humble opinion that the setup offered by Cycle Country works better, but I still don't know how durable it will be in the long run compared to the Rancher's es. It clearly shifts quicker than the Rancher's es shifter. If your into the electric shift, I think you would like this product. Well, this is my two cents worth if anyone else has an opinion speak now or forever hold your peace.

2000 Rancher 4x4 ES
1994 Honda trx 300 2x4 ES