Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Dealer dissatisfaction

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2000, 05:24 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here it is. I had the new Rubicon out for the first time. After the days ride on my way to the truck, the oil light came on. I stopped and I noticed the oil cooler is muddy and the fan was not running. I rinsed it off as best I could on the trail and waited for the oil light to go off before heading back to the truck.

That week I washed the Rubicon thoroughly and the following weekend the light came back on within the first 10 minutes of riding. Not wanting to damage the machine I stopped and let it cool. After the light switched off I decided to head for the truck and go home.

Monday, I called the dealer and scheduled an appointment with service. I dropped off the Rubicon on Tuesday evening. By Thursday afternoon I called the dealer and asked them what was wrong with it. They told me the fan was "CAKED" with Mud. They rinsed it off and said it was not under warranty. Stunned in disbelief, I asked why?
They said I did not properly maintain the machine and are going to charge me $75.00 to rinse the fan.

My point is… The dealer should have called me and told me this before they rinsed it. I would have rather have them call me tell me what's wrong and asked me if they wanted to clean the fan. I would rather pay a diagnoses fee than a repair fee for a few gallons of water. What kind of water did they use? Evian? This fan should be protected from the elements better.

Anyway I'm going to pick it up tonight and argue my point. I'll let you all know what happens tomorrow.

Old 09-21-2000, 05:36 PM
Range Rover

I agree, they should have called you for something as simple as washing the mud off.....however, whenever I have service work done, no matter where, car or atv, I always have to sign a form that says basically I authorize repairs up to a certain dollar amount. Usually this is $75-$100. Or you can sign it and so no, I don't authorize any repairs, notify me first.

So, did you sign something like this when you dropped it off?

Old 09-21-2000, 11:20 PM
Pro Rider

If you don't mind me asking what dealer was it??? if you don't want to say the name at least give me there number

Old 09-21-2000, 11:23 PM
Pro Rider

dude you got hit in the rectum.......charging you .75 busk to clean the fan!!!!!! I'll bet you 75 bucks that that ain't your problem either....sounds like maybe a faulty temp sensor.

Old 09-22-2000, 07:44 AM
Pro Rider

the dealer is often the difference between a good piece of machinery and a not so good piece of machinery

Old 09-22-2000, 08:29 AM
Pro Rider

I sent you an e-mail... I didn't want to give the name in the Fourm.

Old 09-22-2000, 08:44 AM
Pro Rider

All,

Thanks for your support. Last night was a nightmare. I really could not believe the dealer wanted to argue over $75.00. That's is less than 1% of What I just spent at the dealer a month ago. Over the last 4 years I've spent over $17,000 at this dealer. I just could not understand why they would treat a known regular customer with this kind of disrespect.

To make a long story short... I argued my point with the service advisor, service manager, my salesman and finally the store manager. After over an hour waiting and arguing they agreed only to pick-up $50.00. Tired and hungry, I agreed to pay the $25.00 and I left vowing never to return.

I hope they realize they lost a faithful customer that night.

Trending Topics

Old 09-22-2000, 02:17 PM
Pro Rider

hiofcer

I feel your pain. I would give my left nad for a decent dealer around here. The Polaris dealers around here really stink, but they are also the Honda dealer, Kawi dealer, Suzuki dealer, etc. See my point. They don't need to give good service. They know you will come because your choices are very limited on other places to go. As bad as they are, I doubt think they would charge me for something as petty as washing the fan. I would send the store manager an email or letter letting him know in writing how much business that $25 is going to costs him.

Old 09-23-2000, 08:36 PM
Range Rover

Please tell me the name as I would like to know. Thanks

Old 09-25-2000, 08:41 AM
Pro Rider

I sent you an e-mail. I don't want to give the dealers name in the forum.

Quick Reply: Dealer dissatisfaction