Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Heres a Group of People After us

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2000, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

can you say ambulance chaser..just a poor excuse for a lawyer trying to scum up business

Old 09-22-2000, 03:33 PM
Trailblazer

After reading the law firms'website that was posted I have possible ideas as to their reasoning:
A) If there is money in it there is a lawyer hiding in the shadows

B) This firm is capitalizing on the anger/hurt that the families are feeling over the possible deaths of a loved one through the use of an ATV.

C) Quite possibly one of the partners have experienced an ATV accident within his/her own family and wants to make someone pay...whether it be Honda,Suzuki...etc.

D) Money, if you think that's not a driving factor look at the gun industries lawsuits..I mean c'mon...making gun makers pay for someone elses stupidity/mistakes???!!!!

Lawyers on the whole are not bad people...it's just that they are running out of things to do.

Old 09-22-2000, 05:46 PM
Pro Rider

You make some very good points bnt5. But there are some poor lawyers around the country and they have to be creative to get work sometimes. One thing we all need to be aware of is lawyers and politicians are one and the same. It never hurts to be politically incline in the great US of A. Especially when a group is one.
Chuck, Suzuki KQ 300, GPS & lunch...

Old 09-22-2000, 07:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

Heres one I sent the Ignorant Fool Let me ask you a couple of good questions. Is somebody holding a gun to your head telling you to ride an ATV? NO!!!! In fact you pay thousands of dollars to purchase an ATV and the proper riding gear. But from what I understand you are against the production of ATV's. What is your major malfunction? Not only is the ATV Industry a multimillion dollar industry but its also a great way to bond with ones family. And with the way society is lately anything that promotes family environments or helps people relax in such a busy world couldn't hurt. This is to everybody's benefit including yours. It helps the economy and community. It's your choice, the warnings are everywhere. If your a lawyer you should understand what a warning label is. Here's a good one for you. Does Tobacco Kill? YES. Does Alcohol Kill? YES. ATV's can injure or even kill a person or persons if used improperly. But if you compare these numbers to Alcohol or Tobacco I'm pretty sure that it would be an eye-opener. So why aren't you lobbying to shut down the production of Alcohol or Tobacco. AHHHH Let me see there's no money in it for you HUH. I know people like you. You play off of peoples misery. Lets see it goes something like this. Somebody looses a loved one due to an ATV accident. You step in with your campaign to stop the production of ATV's. These people are blinded by the hurt of a loved one and just want some sort of closure. So they pour money into your campaign. Sound about right. Lets see here, what has happened so far. Nothing has changed in the industry and never will, they (person or persons who lost a loved one) are still hurt over the loss of a loved one and are reminded of it every time they converse with you or see any of your rederic, you have been paid (handsomely) to fight for this in a court of law and have gotten no where. So who's the big winner? Not us who enjoy ATV's or the outdoors. Not the people who have lost a loved one. No only you who just paid cash for a nice brand new Porsche Boxster. You know its people like you that have diseased our country. And what for MONEY. Its not about what's right or wrong or if somebody is making a product that kills people. Cause I can sure think of a couple of hundred other things that kill or maim people at a much higher rate than ATV's. So save your BS for your long trip to hell. By the way so there is no legal recourse, THIS IS MY OPINION.

Keep the Emails going the more he gets the less likely he's to get anywhere in a court of law. See the government can track emails. If 10 people are against production and 10,000 are for it, then the decision is simple especially if our government is still a democracy!!!!!

Old 09-22-2000, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

I also sent them a short E-Mail (sorry i got lazy) and said that as american people we have a right to ride atv's. Then I said that they are only bringing attention to Honda bikes, so I accused them of being anti-japanese.

heh!

Old 09-22-2000, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider

Here is a copy of my e mail,I had to add some humor to this topic. Subj: ATV Case
Date: 9/22/2000 5:54:03 PM Pacific Daylight Time
To: bbennett@bennettlawfirm.com

I was riding my Brand new Yamaha Raptor the other day and a Damm attorney ran in front of me and I ran him over and then flipped over my brand new quad and broke about $500 dollars worth of parts.I was wondering if you can help me sue the attorney who was stupid enough to run in front of me.Please respond a.s.a.p. Tim

Old 09-23-2000, 10:05 AM
Trailblazer

Here's my leter to them.

Just like any thing that has the potential to be dangerous, PARENTS have as much or more responsibility then manufactures to insure the safety of their children. If people would take a little time to research an item and train
their children as well as supervise the use of Atv's or anything for that matter, then firms such as yours could devote more effort to sue people who have committed their 2nd, 3rd and so on drunk driving offence or felony crime for that matter. But then again just how much money does a common family killing drunk have anyway?????

Remeber, for the sake of our sport get out and
VOTE VOTE VOTE. This is your only real way to make a differance.

Old 09-23-2000, 10:56 PM
Pro Rider

LOL Dude that was awesome!!! Of all the other letters, I want to see a response to this one the most!!

Old 09-23-2000, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

Here is what they sent in reply to my E-Mail.

"tell that to the one million who have been injured and 8,000 who have died. Of course you probably believe that Firestone should not be responsbile for their tires either."

Here is the E-Mail I sent them in responce-

"And your a lawyer? That's a pretty sad excuse for a argument, first off, Firestone tires were a result of a DEFECT. People have accidents in cars, and when you are climbing into your SUV are you thinking about banning them? Your just a IGNORANT lawyer that doesn't know his facts. On your web page you show pictures of trikes, a product that isn't even in production anymore. ATVing accidents are result of human error, as a result of stupidity, or accidents caused by people that read your web page and figure "oh lets go string some choke wires between trees" and "its destroying our environment, lets DRIVE to a trail and put a shotgun shell in the ground in a home-made apparatus designed to kill people that are just having fun. Why don't you tackle some of the more significant cases, and stop wasting peoples time with something that is going nowhere.

A request would be appreciated."

Tell me what you think, guys.

Old 09-24-2000, 01:10 AM
Trailblazer

Excellent letters you guys. I also got a letter back about FireStone Tires. And Abestos. Kinda stupid comparison. Oh well the hippie laywers are gonna be hippie lawyers.