Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Tow hook review

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2000, 09:50 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I met a guy on another board that manufactures front and rear tow hooks. I already have Cabelas front/rear tow system but I offered to do a review of his system if he would send me one. He agreed and I received his system in the mail today. His work is impressive, it makes my Cabelas system look weak. His rear system and the Cabelas rear system are similar as they both attach to the trailer hitch via 3/4" shank trailer ball, but his front system is different and a better design than Cabelas. The front system attaches to the front bumper in two places via u-bolts. The bracket fits behind the bumper and uses the bumper as a brace when pulling. It has a piece welded out from its center where a shackle is placed. The whole package is heavy duty and virtually unbreakable. I'm going to give this system a workout over the next couple of weeks and I'll post the results.

The system I received bolted right up on my Foreman 400. The front is ATV specific but the rear looks to be universal as long as you have a hitch. I don't know what he has for other makes and models but if anyone's interested he can be contacted at zr2mudbug@aol.com

Old 09-23-2000, 11:35 PM
Range Rover

Took my Foreman out for a run in the mud today and I had the opportunity to unwind my winch cable and I gave the front tow hook a workout by rigging a double line pull with a snatchblock. Needless to say, it took longer to repack everything into my bag than it did to get out of the bog. The front tow hook worked great as an anchor point for my winch hook. I'm headed out for a two week hunting trip and I'll give the tow hooks a further workout and I'll post the results.

Old 09-25-2000, 07:55 PM
Trailblazer

Sounds like a Quality product! Thanx for the review.

Old 09-25-2000, 11:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Hey. im the one who makes the tow hooks. I got in trouble in the "other" forum for advertising. im not sayin any names butthey do make an awfully lot of stuff. i have bought alot from them and my 4 wheeler is "HIGHLIFTED". Any way. i am not advertising, simply stating my tow hook have a breakproof garuntee,if they break send you new ones. my email is ZR2MUDBUG@aol.com if any one wants to discuss. as long as i can see a 4 wheeler and get measurments i will be able to fab one up for any 4 wheeler, heck, maybe even a bombardier. i am fair on prices.