Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Dirt Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2005, 09:48 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dirt Wheels

well to the magazine someone has to win so they make up a reason why they do... thats my opinion

Old 03-09-2005, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dirt Wheels

like i said before i love both of them. i also enjoy reading the dirt wheels mag. i also think they were right on the shootout, because they said in one shootout that they were both close and the only reason the yamaha won was because of the electric start. i also know 3 shootouts rigth off the top if my head that yamaha didnt win!
1. one of the bigbore 4x4 shootout(the suzuki/kawasaki won)
2. yamaha raptor 660r vs. predator tle
3. 300ex vs. 400ex vs. raptor350

Old 03-10-2005, 05:30 PM
Range Rover
Default Dirt Wheels

The problem with the latest "race quad" shootout between the YFZ and the 450R is that they put a Duncan built MX YFZ(Cain's?) against a Duncan built XC 450R(Borich's) and tested them on a MX track. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] They complained about the 450R's shocks being to soft(elka) and they said the power was smooth and controllable but not as hard hitting as the YFZ.. sounds like a quad built for XC to me. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I think it would have been a better comparison if they put Farr's, Byrd's or Natalie's 450R against Cains YFZ.

But then again, I don't think they ever intended for the 450R to win.. Yamaha's whole advertising campaign for the YFZ is based on the YFZ winning shootout after shootout. It wouldn't be a wise financial move for DirtWheels to take away Yamaha's marketing strategy. IMO

Old 03-10-2005, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dirt Wheels

well since i see that yamaha advertisment is your alls excuse why the yfz won what about the other mags? like atvsport the yfz won in all their shootouts also. in my opinion i feel the same way dirt wheels does about the only reason i would pick the yfz is because of electric start. also you all must like dirt wheels for some reason or you wouldnt be readin it. now would ya? most fo you all are actually probably subscribers. i dont gripe about their mag because very person and every rider has their own opinion. some ppl like yamaha and some ppl liek honda. thats the reason im not brand loyal. if it runs and runs good and can stay together then ill ride it

Old 03-10-2005, 07:22 PM
Range Rover
Default Dirt Wheels

Actually the last shootout I read in ATV Sport magazine was a couple of months back and was the 12 hour torture test shootout between the YFZ, 450R, Z400 and Predator. The course was a mix of MX and woods and there were roughly 10 testers 3 of which were the magazine editors and the remainder were pro riders(most of which raced YFZ's). Anyhow the result was that the 450R won 1rst place and the YFZ took last place. The interesting thing is that all the editors picked the YFZ as either first or second place, but almost all the pro riders picked the 450R as first or second. The editors were quick to note that too.

I'm not saying that the YFZ is a bad quad at all though.. I just think that if it's sixes between the two the winner's going to be the one with the advertising relationship with the publication. Last I checked Yamaha was advertising in ATV Sport, but Honda wasn't.

EDIT: OOPS my bad, this shootout was actually in the Febuary ATVRider magazine and everyone but 1 person picked the 450R as their top choice. The one person picked the predator as first and the 450R second.

Old 03-10-2005, 08:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dirt Wheels

Originally posted by: BlackStallion
yea but a predators better
He's definitely new, just let that comment go........not worth it

Old 03-10-2005, 08:33 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 42 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Dirt Wheels

Originally posted by: RedGoblin
Originally posted by: BlackStallion
yea but a predators better
He's definitely new, just let that comment go........not worth it
LOL

Old 03-10-2005, 09:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dirt Wheels

ok heres the magazine iv got thast in my hand while i type this

atv rider April 2004 (yeah i know it was a year ago but who cares) 2004 middleweight sport shoot out. They done a trail test,mx test,and cross country. the contestents was kawisukicat 400s/trx450r/predator/yfz450

last place[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]olaris predator 500
third place: kawisukicat 400
second place: TRX450R
first place(winner): YFZ450

Old 03-10-2005, 09:55 PM
Pro Rider
Default Dirt Wheels

dont be an a@@, i guess its hard to play sarcasim on the internet, next time ill put a smiley, i like my pre, u like the 450r, this is why there is more than one atv out there

Old 03-10-2005, 10:48 PM
Range Rover
Default Dirt Wheels

Originally posted by: kingofthemudholes
ok heres the magazine iv got thast in my hand while i type this

atv rider April 2004 (yeah i know it was a year ago but who cares) 2004 middleweight sport shoot out. They done a trail test,mx test,and cross country. the contestents was kawisukicat 400s/trx450r/predator/yfz450

last place[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]olaris predator 500
third place: kawisukicat 400
second place: TRX450R
first place(winner): YFZ450
Yeah, they mentioned that last year the YFZ won in the Febuary 2005 issue, but this year it went.

last place: YFZ
third place: Z400
second place: Predator
first place: 450R

Quick Reply: Dirt Wheels