Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

blaster 250ex?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2000, 08:40 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

im just curious does the 250ex's power even compare to that of the blaster? ditto handeling?

Old 09-30-2000, 09:34 PM
Pro Rider

i really doubt it.

hard to say..since the 250ex isn't out yet. Judge it when we get there?

Old 09-30-2000, 10:52 PM
Trailblazer

hey those are some cool pictures. were the blasters wheels painted when you got them? how do the blaster and 300ex compare in ease of use and power. my friend has a blaster and i want to have somthing i can keep up with him with. is the clutch hard to use?

Old 10-01-2000, 09:45 AM
Pro Rider

blaster vs 300ex.

big thing to look at 4,899 vs 2,999.

Ease of use, a 4-stroke will always win. No keeping up your RPMs. Just gas it and go.

A blaster takes some degree of skill to ride, you have to be good with a clutch, and have a good feel for riding 2-strokes so you have keep your power up. It call comes with practice. Couple hours you will be able to tackle almost any trail.

As for top speed the blaster will win by about 4 mph. Thats nothing.

Unless his blaster is modified majorly, you won't have a hard time keeping up at. In most trail cases you will be able to pass him because you'll have much more control.

Suspension is better on the 300ex, Handling is better, reverse, and its more comfortable. Blasters are small, i don't know your size. I wasn't uncomfortable on my blaster(i'm 6' 185) It had more than enough power to wheelie, climb and hill i threw it against.

If i had the cash i'd get the new 300ex over a new blaster any day. I loved my 94, i could of gotten something else, but i wanted another 300ex. They are just awesome quads.

oh yeah, the wheels were painted from the factory

check out www.blastercentral.com for some good info.

and you can pictures of my new 300ex, and some more specs on my 94 at
http://members.home.net/300exheaven/

there is one of me catching some air, i have more, just have to post them.

http://www.exriders.com/

a good upcoming site on the EX. I am currently working on it with Leo(the webmaster) If he would just get back from his honey moon i have more stuff for him to post. darn him :-)

If you have more questions post or e-mail 300ex@exriders.com

Old 10-01-2000, 12:20 PM
BK
Pro Rider

The 250EX uses the Recon motor trans & driveshaft. I have heard that it was hopped up some. The engine in the Recon is quite strong and with the 350 pound weight (as opposed to 400 on Recon) it ought to do pretty well. It will not be as quick as the Blaster probably but I will guarantee that it will be easier to use the power. It will be a good hill climber too. In the mud it should be superior due to the auto clutch and reverse, which will make it the better trail machine as well. My dealer told me he is going to sell them for $3600 so there won't be much difference in price for the extra features (like electric start). I'm sure Honda knew the Blaster would be part of the competition so it will be competitive. I bet you the brakes are superior as well (that has been a long standing problem on the Blaster). They will be out in Dec. and will no doubt be tested even sooner so it might be worth it to wait a couple of months.

Old 10-01-2000, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

how can an auto clutch be better in mud?

You can often slip your clutch to gain traction in mud.

The 4-wheeler ATV action review of the new Lakota says the same thing

I'm not saying the blaster is a better mudder, it really isn't good for that at all.

Old 10-01-2000, 03:27 PM
Trailblazer

is the clutch as hard to use on the 300ex as on the blaster?

Old 10-01-2000, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider

No.Basically all manual clutch machines have the same shift pattern/ 1, N, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6/the only difference being how hard to pull in the clucth.On an ex you mainly just shift and go.You don't have to worry about slippin and feathering the clucth as much as a two stroke.

Old 10-01-2000, 08:30 PM
Trailblazer

why 1 , N? to me that makes no sense.

you said that you just shift and go . does that mean you dont use the clutch?

94 suzuki 230e

Old 10-01-2000, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

Don't ask me why it goes 1 N.From 1st gear it only takes half a shift up to neutral and from second half a shift down.To go from 1st to second one full shift.I really do like this design because when your really racing and you can pound all the way down on the shifter without worry of hitting neutral as much.When I say shift I mean pull in clutch shift and let out clutch..

Quick Reply: blaster 250ex?