Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

making a clicking noise in front end?

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 11:55 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default making a clicking noise in front end?

i have a 04 foreman and i just took it to the shop today and it has been making a really weird and bad clunkly noise i cant explain but it's loud it seems to be coming from the front right brake drum or the 4wd axle going to the wheel it just started the other day. i might think it could be doing that because i was goin about 20 to 25 miles per hour and i hit a bumb and my thumb slide over and knocked it into 4 wheel drive but it didnt start right then it started bout 2 or 3 days afterwards.?? the man at the shop said it might be the U joint connection between the wheel and axle going to the front diff. it might be broke our worped? but the 4wheel drive still spins the wheel? i dunno its a weird noise cant really explain did the best i could.

Old 04-21-2005, 02:43 PM
Trailblazer

I just had the same problem with my rancher AT. I thought it was the cv joint (I had torn an outer boot and rode for about 10 hours b4 noticing it) as well so I tore apart the wheel assembly to find out that the joint was just fine. I then took it to the shop hoping that they would warranty the problem. Obviously they would not warranty the boot but the guy said that he was sure that it was a bad bearing. The problem with my situation was that I went mudding and riding with a torn out boot. So mud and grit got in there are ruined the bearing. Luckily they are going to warranty the bearing. I would try the same thing if you have an extented warranty.

Old 04-21-2005, 02:45 PM
Trailblazer

ho yeah...i forgot to ask whether or not any of your outer boots were torn at all.

Old 04-21-2005, 03:18 PM
Pro Rider

Could be a wheel bearing, if its real bad you will be able to shake the wheel with your hands. If not it could be a bad CV joint (you called it a U joint).

Old 04-22-2005, 01:19 AM
Trailblazer

hey guys thanks for all the help it is the boot i think the man at the shop said so he is going to buy the whole drive shaft and it's costing me 315 dollars for it and labor. anyone wanna ship me some money in western union????????? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-22-2005, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider

Just wanted to give you a friendly suggestion: You may want to buy the service manual and learn how to do some of the repairs yourself. Most problems are really easy to fix and can save you some major $$$. For example you could buy your own complete CV shaft and install it yourself for around $150 each.

Old 04-22-2005, 10:47 PM
Pro Rider

Common...be honest....you had playing cards attached to your front wheels with clothes pins didn't you? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]