Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Grizzly or Rincon

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2005 | 10:18 AM
|
Weekend Warrior
Default Grizzly or Rincon

Hi all!

Shopping for a new quad. Currently riding a Warrior that I have had for 17 years. Still runs great, but getting too old for it.
Yamaha has been great for me, so I am a little predjudiced, and will probably go with the Grizzly. Anyone want to talk me out of it?
Since I only buy one of these every 17 years, price is not really an object.

Old 04-23-2005 | 11:57 AM
Trailblazer

With Honda's proven track record as far as reliabilty and bullet-proof design, it only makes sense to go with the Rincon.

Old 04-23-2005 | 01:31 PM
Pro Rider

grizzly is faster, can tow more, and has the diff lock
i'd go with the grizzly

Old 04-23-2005 | 04:33 PM
The Facility

I like the ride that the Rincon offers, but that's about it. The engine has a fair amount of power...but only before you start adding weight to it. That engine simply doesn't have the guts for taller and heavier tires compared to the other big bores out there. In fact, the Rubicon 500 has as much, if not more power, to spare than the Rincon when it comes to sheer power with a tire kit added.

Go with the Grizz. It's still the #1 selling big bore 4x4 for a reason.

Old 04-24-2005 | 12:58 PM
Pro Rider

I am a Honda man also but this would be a hard decision for me as well. According to atv telelvision who just recently tested these two models against one another, the yamaha grizzly is even better than before. The one and only complaint on the grizzly was that it is a little top heavy on off cambered trails. The ride and power are suppose to be superb!!! The honda rincon they loved the ride and the handling of it also. Very close to that of the grizzly, but the honda has the 3 speed type car transmission that is geared high they say! ATV telelvision feels that if it had the transmission from the Rubicon it would be unbeatable , but since it doesnt, they prefered the Yamaha Grizzly. I have a friend who rides the hound out of his Rincon and loves to play in the mud. He is going to sell his this summer he hopes and buy a Rubicon instead because of the transmission. He will be loosing the IRS suspension, but feels the gains in the tranmission and gearing area will be well worth the trade out. I myself love the looks and power of t he Yamaha Grizzly. The only one I have ridden is a 2001 model and it was quiet awesome. The power is unbelievable.

Old 04-24-2005 | 02:36 PM
|
Weekend Warrior

Hey, you guys out there are great! I went and put some down on the Grizzley yesterday and will pick it up Wednesday. I get the feeling that all of them are good but it just some subtle diferences that tip the scales. Sure appreciate all the input.

Old 04-25-2005 | 09:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

I would definentily go for a honda rincon because every grizzly ive raced i have beaten them and hondas are really reliable and it has better handling and it has no belts to slip when you get in the mud but now that i have a fmf exhaust system and a k and n air filter i beat itll beat a grizzly badly