Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Is My dealer Screwing with me?

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2005, 08:21 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is My dealer Screwing with me?

Alright I took my 2004 rancher in for its last free Tuneup. At same time The Tie Rods are on Recall. Make this part of the story Shorter, he tells me they will check out the tie rods, if nothing is wrong they won't fix them. But if there is something is wrong it will take one week to get the parts. Ok I tell them CALL ME if thats the case. (whats point of recall if your not going fix it) They never called, Tuneup takes 3 hours at most. Next day I call them, whats up? Oh your tie rods are bad, and need to be fixed. Why didnt you call me? Oh were soo busy. Ok so I will have it back next tuesday then.. No maybe wendsday!! Ok.

So next week comes up, wendsday goes by no call. I call them on Thursday Afternoon.. WHATS UP!!! Oh well we have not done the tie rods yet, Honda is holding the parts until End of the Month. Nothing we can do. But if you want you can come in and get your Wheeler, but have to sign a waver. WHY DIDNT YOU CALL ME!!! Again!!! I don't want my wheeler if my freaking TIE RODS are bad..

So now its been 2 weeks. No wheeler. I have always hated this Dealer, thier service SUCKS! But you know still had one free service so I used it.

Anyone else no if Honda is Holding the TieRods until the end of the Month on the Recall parts?

If they are pulling my chain again.. Someone is going to pay.

Old 04-29-2005, 10:06 PM
Range Rover

honda is recalling 200,000 atvs for tie rod issues, so no the dealer is not screwing with you.

Old 04-29-2005, 11:27 PM
Trailblazer

I work for a Honda Dealership and we are back ordered on the tie rods that we have to change.
We tell the people that there is a back order and when they get here they are number ??? to get it fixed. If you need the quad then we won't reserve the spot for you .

Jonh

Old 05-01-2005, 10:58 PM
Range Rover

"Is My dealer Screwing with Me?"

does your a$$hole hurt? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 05-02-2005, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Edited

----- Gimpster -----

Old 05-02-2005, 02:52 AM
Trailblazer

According to my recall notice for my rancher it's not for bad tie rods, it's for the rubber boots thst keep the dirt out. They show a diagram of a hand pulling up the edge of the rubber boot. They say if there tight you should be ok. I pulled on mine and they don't budge, has anyone received the notice and tugged on em and found them loose??? Sounds like a few posters are confused.

Old 05-02-2005, 03:07 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Edited

as you wish... I'm otta here, sorry

----- GREGG -----

Old 05-02-2005, 04:51 AM
Trailblazer

Gimpster, have you seen the recall notice that the consumer receives? My bike is not in the vin# range for the recall but I recieved a notice anyway, wonder if they send them out to everyone? Also what has the rubber boot and tie rod end as one piece got to do with this? If I can't budge the rubber (i.e. no dirt can enter which supposedly may cause a failure according to my letter) and I don't have any slop seems mine are good, me being the **** do it yourselfer I like to know how things work, Geez I even had to diagnose a few things concerning the front end on my first 05 Rancher that they ended up replacing free of charge, yup they ended up giving me another 05 rancher. I will still have them checked out at the dealer for a second opinion though, but knowing this dealers service dept I will check there work very carefully if they screw around with my front end. Hey what's is a DYI?
Later!

Old 05-02-2005, 01:01 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Gimpster
Stop by our dealership, come back by my tool box, in the top shelf of my hutch, in the middle, is a note book. The technitions repair version of the recall is the last one I put in it, so it is the first one when you open the binder.
After reading it, if you still think I am wrong, feel free to apply for my position.
Stop trying to be a DYI and take it to your dealer and get it done right.
The boots are not sold seperate from the tie rod end to start with ....

----- GREGG -----

Let's see Greg, What is the name of the dealer where you work. People in the area would want to know it to AVOID it. Hand picking some interesting threads I've come across 2 of your posts. Both were talking down to simple questions. Not sure you can comment on the letter people are getting unless you've seen it. No wonder customers hate dealing with dealers and their personel.

Maybe I will apply for your job, probably could do a better job with a much better attitude. But then who wants to get stuck changing tie rod ends all day long. Maybe that's why you're in such a bad mood. Try and leave it in the shop.

Rob

Old 05-02-2005, 03:57 PM
The Facility

The tierods are only replaced if there is a problem...........not just for the hell of it because it falls into a certain VIN range.

The vendor had some issues with the part and was fixed....but they don't know how many were put into use.

However, because no one knows exactly what quads received these on the assembly line,....there is a huge VIN range and amount of vehicles to CHECK.......not necessarily replace.

If they have the problem, they are replaced...and if not, nothing is done.