Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rancher recall info from dealer

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2000 | 12:06 PM
Trailblazer

It would seem that the vin # on my 2000 Rancher falls in the range of those listed above, but after calling several dealers about it, they all tell me that mine is not affected? What gives?

Old 10-05-2000 | 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

I'm surprised to hear about what sounds like a half-#ss fix from Honda. I'd be ticked off if my dealer had to weld anything onto my new quad. If the A-arm needs reinforcing they should give you new ones that are made right. What if the guy doing the welding does a poor job and it winds up looking like a flunking shop class project? Even if they did as good a welding job as possible it would still be crap to me.

Old 10-05-2000 | 04:05 PM
|
Pro Rider

If any of you would like a photocopy of the printout from HONDANET For Windows that I got send me your address via email and I will mail you a copy. After seeing this printout I will not accept a bad answer from a Honda dealer.

Old 10-05-2000 | 07:28 PM
Trailblazer

I called my Honda dealer and told him that I had heard that my 2001 Rancher4x4ES was recalled and he confirmed that mine was also on the list. He told me that Honda is only shipping limited quanities of the part to the dealers. He said they are supposed to get 35 of the parts in on 10-06-00 and they will go on the new in stock models first and then they will start on customers quads. I told him to go ahead and put me on the recall repair list and he said I need my letter from Honda first. Now, that is some Bull#&^@.

Old 10-05-2000 | 08:50 PM
Range Rover

I understand why you guys might be a little irritated by this recall, but it's not that big a deal. I mean, Honda found what may be a fault in one of their machines, and is standing behind it by fixing it for free. I went through the same thing with my 450, and the battery drain problem. Yes, it's an inconvenience to take it in to the dealer, but they're picking up the tab. As for worrying about the quality of the weld, if your dealer can't handle it correctly, they will contract the work out to someone who can. I think Honda will make sure of that. Just my opinion, but I don't see it as a real "biggie".

Old 10-05-2000 | 10:35 PM
Weekend Warrior

Took mine to the dealer yesterday and the service rep looked at it. He said that after reading the service bulletin that mine was already done. He said that what Honda is concerned about is that there is a weld missing from the bottom side of the aft upper a arm bracket. After looking at mine he said that the weld is there like it's suppose to be. Now wheter or not he's blowing smoke up my butt I'm not sure as I haven't seen the service bulletin myself. If anyone has anymore info they can pass along as to what exactly the bulletin is about I would appreciate it.

Old 10-07-2000 | 01:04 AM
Trailblazer

Humm...... when I talked to my dealer he said that Honda was shipping the replacement parts to the dealers, and he didn't mention anything about them welding anything. I just honestly doubt that any dealer would want the liability of doing the welding on a recall and not many welders would want that responsibility either. I feel that Honda will replace the recalled part, but I will ask my dealer tommorow to show me the recall replacement parts that they just recieved, and I'll update when I see it.

Old 10-07-2000 | 03:25 PM
Weekend Warrior

I just got back from my local honda dealer and they told me it would be several week's to a month or more before they got enough kit's to fix all the rancher's they have sold, so I was placed on a waiting list. They also told me it would be a good idea not to ride the thing till the problem is fixed. Right in the begining of deer season this was not a good thing to here!! Looks like i'll be walking to my deer-stand. :>(

Old 10-09-2000 | 02:24 PM
Pro Rider

Time to check my VIN number......................

Old 10-10-2000 | 03:31 AM
Weekend Warrior

I've read all the posts,but the most important one is the first one from texmud.From what i see of the letter the es models are not on the list on the letter.Does this eliminate them.

Wobly

Quick Reply: Rancher recall info from dealer