Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rev Limiter

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2005, 12:54 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rev Limiter

hey all i need to know if there is any way to bypass gov. in reverse for a 350 rancher. if anyone knows how. it would be great !!! also if anyone needs a bypass for reverse on a 350 bruin check this out . i bought one for mine. works super great!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

Old 05-24-2005, 01:14 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rev Limiter

Do you install high-rev boxes at your own risk or will the new set-up still keep the engine safe?

Old 05-24-2005, 01:24 AM
Range Rover
Default Rev Limiter

are you talking about the Ebay thing i posted? if so the bybass is killer no it will not hurt you bike unless you keep it reved high for a long period of time. i use the bypass all the time bulling trees across the yard and pulling bigger bike from mud pits.. no problems and it never sounds like the bike is going to exsplode or anything like that !

Old 05-24-2005, 01:42 AM
Pro Rider
Default Rev Limiter

I just mean in general. You see ads everywhere if you are an ATV enthusiast for rev boxes from White Bros., Yoshimura, Dynatek, etc.

Old 05-24-2005, 02:28 AM
Range Rover
Default Rev Limiter

pritty much at your own risk. after you put it on ( rev. boxes that is ) you void all warrantys you have/had on your bike . for the most part you can tell if you are reving to high. you do that for long time aw... ya... not good for the bike. but the bypass i found for the bruin is easy on/off on the bike and you don't have to cut wires and it dosen't hurt warranty, because you can take it off.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

i would try finding something like this for a utility bike ... but if you have sport bike i can't help too much cause i don't ride them ( not trying to die and all that) i like the mud) . But from what i read up on rev boxes they are useless make little diff. not worth the money such stuff like that... hope this helps or stures up someone els with a coment to help you ..

once agen dose anyone know how to get passed the 350 rancher rev.limit in reverse?

Old 05-24-2005, 02:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Rev Limiter

Which year rancher?
Most of the rev switches Ive seen on hondas are normally open. Then when it goes into reverse, the switch closes, and the reverse light comes on and the rev limiter is active (if there is one).
An easy check, would be to disconnect the wire from the gear position switch, ...then start it up and go to reverse. The light should be off and no rev limiter. If thats the case, then just wire in a switch, and itll be normally closed, and when you want full revs...flip the switch to open.

Old 05-25-2005, 12:02 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rev Limiter

Man Im totaly freakin lost with this rev limiter. where does it go, why would you need it, will it gain performance, and most of all how the heck does it work

Plese Help!

Old 05-25-2005, 12:23 AM
Trailblazer
Default Rev Limiter

A rev limiter is an electronic limit placed on the ignition CDI box of most ATVs. The device is supposed to intermittently cut the ignition off as the engine reaches and exceeds a preset limit. If yours has a limiter, it will spit, pop, and skip as you bump up against the limit. The CDI simply cuts out the ignition spark until you release the throttle and let the RPMs drop below that preset limit.

In my opinion, I would not monkey with any settings related to the rev limiter. Especially if you have a 250 EX or Recon. Those engines are pushrod engines as opposed to overhead cam engines. There is a lot of bad mojo and negative karma for those who tax pushrod engines beyond the range the that engineers say is a safe RPM range for the engine and its internal components.

Old 05-25-2005, 01:10 AM
Range Rover
Default Rev Limiter

it is a 2002 rancher ! it's my friends so i know little about it. but i figger there is probly a way to bypass it like i did my bruin.

Old 05-25-2005, 03:41 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Rev Limiter

I dont have a wiring diagram for that one. but there should be a two wire connector, for the gear position switch. If you disconnect the correct one, the nuetral and the reverse lights wont work. Once that is off, the reverse light wont work, and try reverse and see if the limiter is still working. If that fixes the rev limiter, then figure out which of the two wires is for reverse (the other is for neutral), and wire in a switch, in series with that wire. That should do it.

Quick Reply: Rev Limiter