Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Who gonna get your vote? Bush or Gore??!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2000, 04:02 AM
JRM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My dad said that too, I guess clintion didnt win and got less voits but the electoral college made him the winner.

Old 10-12-2000, 11:50 AM
Trailblazer

just gettin this back up to the top

Old 10-12-2000, 05:54 PM
Trailblazer

Ralph Nader and yes i know im throwing my vote away.

Old 10-12-2000, 10:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

I certainly hope that you are kidding about that Nader thing. Do you have any idea what the man stands for? If it were up to him you would have to walk everywhere you go. The guy seriously wants to put us back into the dark ages. Look it up. It's true!

Guys, consider this.
Instead of wasting your time trying to persuade some bleeding heart liberal (that is never going to truly listen to reason) to vote for Bush, wouldn't a far better use of our time be telling those around us that think as we do of the importance of getting to the polls on election day. Apathy is our worst enemy in the fight against the forces on the left. You can bet that the people that want to restrict your freedoms will be out on election day. Please, don't let it be said that we could have stemmed the tide of the oppresors and failed simply from lack of trying.

Bush-Cheney in 2000...let's get back to the age of personnal responsibility, fiscal responsibility, and God given freedoms. Remember, rights are granted by God, priviledges are granted by government, and thus can be taken away. Vote! It's our only hope!

Old 10-12-2000, 10:50 PM
Trailblazer

yeah i was kiddin bout that nader vote. I realize that is he wins (yeah right) our beloved sport will be over. vote bush/cheney everyone.

Old 10-12-2000, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

For the guy who said the electoral college elects the president and your vote doesnt matter I say this.
Each State is allocated a number of Electors equal to the number of its U.S. Senators (always 2) plus the number of its U.S. Representatives (which may change each decade according to the size of each State's population as determined in the Census).

On the Tuesday following the first Monday of November in years divisible by four, the people in each State cast their ballots for the party slate of Electors representing their choice for president and vice president (although as a matter of practice, general election ballots normally say "Electors for" each set of candidates rather than list the individual Electors on each slate).
Whichever party slate wins the most popular votes in the State becomes that State's Electors-so that, in effect,whichever presidential ticket gets the most popular votes in a State wins all the Electors of that State. [The two exceptions to this are Maine and Nebraska where two Electors are chosen by statewide popular vote and the remainder
by the popular vote within each Congressional district].
So in reality the entire representation of your state though represented by seperate segments of population must fully vote according to the total percentage of votes cast in the state. Although it seems unfair that a candidate could for instance win 25 of the 54 regions in California recieves 0 electoral votes while the candidate with only 29 electoral regions will recieve all 54 of the electoral votes.

So basically if your wanting some one to win then go vote if everyone that complained about voting went and did it they would carry a majority of the votes considering over 60% of americans dont vote.
Thats more than the majority and it just goes to show that if you did, the right people would get the right electoral votes and win.

Old 10-13-2000, 02:53 AM
Trailblazer

We've GOT Bush !

Anyone that even remotely or ocassionally visits sites like this one -and is even considering Gore - should have their ATV repo'd by the rest of us - who want to keep riding ......

Old 10-13-2000, 04:28 AM
JRM
Pro Rider

I have ended the friendships of 2 women friends of mine that argued with me about bush, they both were wimp liberal 20 year old's with kids wanting money to help them out and are falling for gores faltz promices. They are voiting gore no matter how badly I prove his lie's are true.....so I shook there hand and wished them well with life and left never to talk to them again as I cannot be friends with anyone who supports the man supporting the ban of our sport and the closure of our public land. I take this as seriouly as a punch in the nose!

Old 10-14-2000, 01:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

If Gore is elected, our sport will take a knockout punch. He is a rabid environmentalist who has consistantly sided with the sierra club fruitcakes. Look what happened recently in the southwest when our illustrious president mandated that thousands and thousands (maybe it was even millions) of acres are now "off limits" to anything that even resembles a motor - all with no input from the public. The most important thing to take from this ?? VOTE!!!!!!!!

Old 10-14-2000, 02:27 PM
Trailblazer

All I ride is trails...it's gonna be Bush!!!!!

'98 Recon
'00 400ex

Quick Reply: Who gonna get your vote? Bush or Gore??!!