Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

RUBICON AT ATV PULL

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2000, 05:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Were any of the quads using aftermarket tires. The stock tires stink on the Rubicon.

Old 10-09-2000, 06:12 PM
JRM
Pro Rider

I just dont see it being a power problem, didnt the rubi dig 4 holes? It probley lost because it is much lighter than the others. I hooked up my friends TRX400 and his dads kokiak 400 and both machines had more than enough power and they just dug holes. The Kodiak pulled about one foot before it dug itself to the footpegs.

Old 10-09-2000, 06:21 PM
Range Rover

On both of the machines that beat me, they had stock tires on them.

Old 10-09-2000, 06:26 PM
Range Rover

No, as I had said before the machine did not appear to drop down to a lower gear as the speed slowed down (caused by the sled weight becoming heavier on the front of it) and the power dropped off. I let off because I did not want to stress the transmission. I hope to try it again soon with ESP.

Old 10-09-2000, 08:20 PM
Pro Rider

Sure a sad day for the Rubicon, just too bad there was not a Traxter there to provide a real example of how it should be done.

Have had my Traxter up against the Grizzly, Sportsman and both the 400 and 450ES Foreman, none gave the Traxter a test, not even close.

Old 10-09-2000, 08:34 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sprintpusher,
Shame on you slammin the Sportsman and the Grizz.[push about equal to a 4yr old on a tricycle]Where was your bad *** Traxter when the ATV pulls in New York were going on?At least someone from Yamaha and Polaris was there to give a showing of their 4x4 quads.More than I can say for the Traxter.What kind of test did YOU give between the Traxter,Grizz and Sportsman?In a previous shootout,the Sportsman won.But,im certain YOUR test was'nt partial to YOUR Traxter?,
Bill

BTW,the Traxter is so popular,at last count,I heard they have a total sale figure of around 230 of these 4x4s.Quite a number of sales for such a popular pulling ATV?
Bill

Old 10-10-2000, 10:24 AM
Trailblazer

There aren't a lot of topics in this forum that I can claim having a lot of knowledge on , but this happens to be one. I have pulled tractors all of my life and let me tell you there is a lot more to the game than horsepower! Tires, air pressure, hitch point (how far from rear axle), hitch height, weight, gear, track conditions, and weight distribution to name a few. Don't get me wrong , horsepowerer is probably the greatest asset when pulling, but I pull all over the United States every summer and about 1/2 of the time the vehicle with the most power doesn't win. It takes a good combination of things to win an event. You can check out "our pulling toy" NIGHT LIFE

Old 10-10-2000, 04:57 PM
Trailblazer

Traxter... Yeah now there is a nice quad, god those things are ugly! I think your the only one who has one too.

Old 10-10-2000, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

Bill,
Yes if I knew in advance about the ATV pulls in NY, chances are very good I would have been there, it does not matter who wins but how well these things are doing.

Got to admit pushing the Grizzly and Sportsman around was soo easy. You have to get the pix. We push sprint cars at the dirt tracks in Penna, and every once in a while some guy on his (what ever) wants to try his luck nose to nose. Never hooked to the hitch to try pulling, but nose to nose is a joke, as I mentioned, they both (Griz and Sportsman) are a joke up against the Traxter, yes I know they are ugly, stupid, overpriced and not popular amoung the hot dog set, but for us that use them for other than spinning and throwing dirt, they are wonderful for getting the job done.
Thanks.

Old 10-10-2000, 07:41 PM
Pro Rider

Love the pix of the John Deere, I am a green fan and always love the tractor pulls here in our area.
Maybe see you on the TV ESPN shows they run sometimes.

Good luck

Quick Reply: RUBICON AT ATV PULL