Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

cr80 vs 660raptor

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 03:56 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cr80 vs 660raptor

Let me ask you somethin man.
How long have you been riding? How old are you? You are on a blaster, so you must be young.

Well now let me tell you somethin.
I dont know what the hell kind of 125 you were watching, or what kind of dope you were smoking to think
that a 125 smoked a yfz450 up any hill, let alone a sand hill.

I have not only witnessed, but I have owned a cr125, brother a kx125, and my close buddy currently has a kx125.
Dumont, comp hill: buddies KX125 wouldnt make it up the hill. Sure, its a big hill.. no matter. Wouldnt make it up.
Had to cut accross the face to have any fun. A yfz450 would run away from a good running 125 on a straightaway in a damn hurry.
Up a dune? You have got to be kidding me.
You are claiming that a 125 dirt bike 'smoked' a yfz450 UP A SAND DUNE?

Im not speaking from what I have seen from the seat of my blaster.. I have owned all the machines you think you have seen with the exception of the 450. Zilla, CR125, 250R, 350X, 200X, 400EX, 440EX, and currently have a KX500 and a Banshee.

If you saw a 125 beat anything up a dune, then it wasnt a 125 at all.

Dont OVERESTIMATE them.. remember its just a tiny little 125cc piston with no torque. All bark, hardly any bike.
For the record, (another example of your ultra fast motorcross bikes you speak of) I killed a CR250 on pavement with my old quadzilla,
and killed a 03 RM250 in dirt with my banshee.

Old 06-14-2005, 11:28 PM
Trailblazer

This is a good post I am glad that I read a bit of it.

My evperience is with my atc 250r and a slightly modded cr 80.
We ride together lots.

Hes a good rider and weighs 120 lbs.

I am a good rider or my machine would snap me in half, I weigh 170.
We ride alot on hard packed dirt.

To my surprize he keeps up every time or so he says. lol I can not be 100 percent sure though because he is always behind me.

The little bugger is fast.

This topic is turning into a 2 stroke four stroke thing too !
Some people will stand behind 2 strokes till the bloody end, I am one of them for sure but some of those new four strokes just honk !
Nothing but power.

Either way an atc 250r has a cool balance of power weight or lack of weight and rear wheel surface area.

This cr 80 with no load on it flies.

Old 06-14-2005, 11:58 PM
Weekend Warrior

i dont know about your raptor but mine beat 125s like a mustang against a pinto.i just got a little work done 2 it and really washes them up now.

Old 06-15-2005, 12:55 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: atc250ratic

We ride together lots.

To my surprize he keeps up every time or so he says. lol I can not be 100 percent sure though because he is always behind me.

Some people will stand behind 2 strokes till the bloody end, I am one of them for sure but some of those new four strokes just honk !
Nothing but power.

Either way an atc 250r has a cool balance of power weight or lack of weight and rear wheel surface area.

I am one of the 2 stroke for life guys. But I am also realistic.
I know the 80's are quick. Quick, not that fast. Put one against an XR600 and well, do I need to say it again.

Old 06-15-2005, 01:30 AM
Pro Rider

a yz85 was still runnin out 5th gear next to me on my 400 topped out in 5th. he still had 6th to go and i imagine i was doin atleast 60mph....the lil bikes are damn fast. i know for a fact that yz would do 70mph. i hate to admit it but it would beat a stock or slightly modded rappy. its a freakin 3 ft tall 4 ft long 130lb 20hp bike (piped jetted and vforce reeds) power to weight ratio .15hp:1lb (this bike was on the dyno 2 weeks ago at cycle nation) rappy 38hp 400lb .095hp:1lb ....just face it the bike wins man. this yz85 has beat several 125's with good riders. as well as rappys shees z400s my 400ex, granted rider skill may vary its still sad to be beat by a "kids bike"

and runnin in sand is NOT FAIR for bikes against a quad. the narrow tires dig in to easily. racing on firm dirt is the only fair racing surface for quad vs bike. i dusted that 85 up hills at the badlands but that was it.

Old 06-15-2005, 02:14 AM
Trailblazer

me and my friend ride punched out RM125's and we can keep up with the 450rs and yfz and 1 of my other buddys rides a stock CR80 and we just draged yesterday he says he was about 100 yards away so if that helps

Old 06-15-2005, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider

Turtle, I can respect that the little 85's are highly tuned from the factory and are very quick.

Bluebear: You can keep up on a trail ride... sure. In a drag race on pavement there is no way your bikes are hanging side by side with
a bike that is 'suppose' to be as fast, or faster than my banshee.

How do I know? My zilla (maybe slightly faster than my banshee) ran away from my buds CR250 on pavement. CR250... PAVEMENT.

A 125 (punched out, to what, 130?) isnt anywhere in the same ballpark as a 250 in accelaration.
Not to mention that I used to own a CR125. My banshee would SMOKE it. KILL it, RUN AWAY FROM IT. Pavement, dirt, whatever.

The banshee is JUST PLAIN FASTER THAN A 125. Probably as fast as a 250 on pavement. My Shee has FMF Fattys, bored .20 over, Uni filter, screams.

Any dispute with that, bring it to my town. A friendly race never hurt anyone. I will video it.

Old 06-15-2005, 04:44 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Mr350X
Let me ask you somethin man.
How long have you been riding? How old are you? You are on a blaster, so you must be young.

Well now let me tell you somethin.
I dont know what the hell kind of 125 you were watching, or what kind of dope you were smoking to think
that a 125 smoked a yfz450 up any hill, let alone a sand hill.

I have not only witnessed, but I have owned a cr125, brother a kx125, and my close buddy currently has a kx125.
Dumont, comp hill: buddies KX125 wouldnt make it up the hill. Sure, its a big hill.. no matter. Wouldnt make it up.
Had to cut accross the face to have any fun. A yfz450 would run away from a good running 125 on a straightaway in a damn hurry.
Up a dune? You have got to be kidding me.
You are claiming that a 125 dirt bike 'smoked' a yfz450 UP A SAND DUNE?

Im not speaking from what I have seen from the seat of my blaster.. I have owned all the machines you think you have seen with the exception of the 450. Zilla, CR125, 250R, 350X, 200X, 400EX, 440EX, and currently have a KX500 and a Banshee.

If you saw a 125 beat anything up a dune, then it wasnt a 125 at all.

Dont OVERESTIMATE them.. remember its just a tiny little 125cc piston with no torque. All bark, hardly any bike.
For the record, (another example of your ultra fast motorcross bikes you speak of) I killed a CR250 on pavement with my old quadzilla,
and killed a 03 RM250 in dirt with my banshee.
ok il answer your damn questions. I have been riding since '99. I am 15. And im only on a blaster because of finanacial reasons @sshole. If you wanna make fun of me for that then you can. I had to start out somewhere anyways. Ok and i watched a yz125modded SMOKE a yfz450 up a 200ft+ sand dune hill at butterbup and it was the biggest one they had. I can understand you have beat dirtbikes with your quads and i didnt say it was inpossible at all. And those 125 with their tiny no torque pistons smoke banshees everyday. And dude those damn quadzillas have awsome power to weight just like those tiny no powered small motorcross bikes. We can argue this everyday forever but why dont you just wait till dune season and take your banshee out against a modded yz250. And sense you obviously the **** why dont you take you quadzilla against a kx500 because i wanna see how many 100's of ft you smoke him by. And that blaster remark in the beginning was a very cheap shot you @sshole I wanna know how old you are and what you started riding on. And what type of job you have sense your obviously a millionair and ride everyday and beat the hell out of dirtbikes and just wont admit if they had the same amount of money into their machine as yours that they would smoke you. Your a damn fool.

Old 06-15-2005, 10:44 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: atc250ratic

We ride together lots.

Nothing but power.

I am one of the 2 stroke for life guys. But I am also realistic.
I know the 80's are quick. Quick, not that fast. Put one against an XR600 and well, do I need to say it again.
Yeah, th XR600 thing is hilarious. So was the 125 dusting a 450 up a dune. I think atc250ratic nailed it though. All about power to weight. With a small kid on top, the 80's will fly. Put my 200lb butt on it and it'll slow it down considerably.

I did have a stock cr80 that topped out over 60.

Old 06-15-2005, 10:50 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How do I know? My zilla (maybe slightly faster than my banshee) ran away from my buds CR250 on pavement. CR250... PAVEMENT.

Sorry bud, your slightly modded Banshee or Zilla ain't going to run with my 250, or any modern 250 with a good rider on it for that matter. I don't know where your pulling that from. My buddy had a very HIGHLY modded Banshee and it would run about equal with my piped RM250 I used to have and my friends pipe KX250.

As for the 125's, that is debatable, but your not giving them enough credit. Those little suckers will run with the big dogs if you ride them right. And by that I mean staying in the RPM's at all times. So I can see A YZ125 beating a yfz450 in a drag if it was really raped on.

Quick Reply: cr80 vs 660raptor