Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Ebay Odometer SCAM? Someone with a rancher help

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2005, 02:52 PM
TIC
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ebay Odometer SCAM? Someone with a rancher help

I am sorry if My words sounded harsh, that was not the motive. However now that we know it says trip at least we have figured out the 1st question. next is to find out how many real miles are on it. Just hve him hit the odo button and it should pop up... I do see your point now that my mind has opened up a little... Is he trying to advertise as 528 miles? I have no idea I see what your saying now about the scam issue so once again im sorry. I would think based on the hours the real milage is gonna be around 1500 to 2000 miles.

It is very possible that the seller just dont know any better or how to hit the odo button.

Old 06-30-2005, 03:07 PM
Pro Rider

Yeh he said it was 528 miles. The neighbor is selling it for the farmer down the road that has no computer. Your probably right. They just don't know any better I bet. However I made my bid based on that odometer. It would definitly be lower if I had realized that was trip miles. Only a few 100 though I would say. I'm going to find out the real mileage when he gets home this evening. I'll either ask for a refund on my deposit or renegotiate based on the real miles. Even if it has 4000 miles on it i think I'm stealing it for the price.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-03-2005, 01:15 AM
Pro Rider

Yeah man, just checked my quad, that’s the trip miles. Hit the trip/odometer button to see how many real miles are one it. Oh and make sure he’s there when you do, make him look like a real a$$. Don’t buy from that idiot. If he is trying to lie about the miles god knows what else he is lying/not saying.

Old 07-03-2005, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider

that many miles on pavement wont make tires bald unless he was hauling one heck of a load.......Now if it was used with a plow on a slab mixing feed or pushing manure then that would make more sence. If thats what he used it for then its worn to 10 times the miles on the odometer........I have an 01 rancher with close to 3,000 miles on it and the tires have seen well over 500 miles on pavement in N Idaho and they are not bald.

Old 07-03-2005, 01:34 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 4wheelfurry
That counter scared me a bit though
It shoulden't, a engine is designed to "run". Under no load it should run for months or even years. I would say there is absolutely no probs with an engine with this amount of idle tiem on it.
LMAO.........................Under NO load for a long time......a engine will glaze a cylinder...it will build up carbon....and so on.....idle time will kill the overall life on a engine.....

Old 07-03-2005, 01:40 AM
Pro Rider

bump

Old 07-03-2005, 03:58 PM
Pro Rider

Update
I just realized those pictures are horrible. Sorry about that.

Well it had 4,999 miles on it. 490 hours. I decided to get it anyway. It's in great condition other than the tires. I payed $2700 total for it. No smoke,Good clutch, good brakes, cv joints are tight. No rattles other than the pushrods. Nothing cracked or bent. ES had the recall done. The front bearings have a little play. Not bad though. It needs the 4x4 disconnect. It has the turning radies of a truck. Spark plug was nice and brown. fires first time every time and runs out smooth. Plastic looks as good as my 7 month old recon.

It was an honest mistake the guy listing it didn't know about the trip odometer like me. The farmer wasn't trying to lie about anything.
My neighbor offered me $3500 cash when I got home with it. Thats with the bald tires. I'm going to put a warn 4x4 disconnect and some good tires on it and ride it awhile.

Thanks for all the help.

Old 07-03-2005, 04:35 PM
Pro Rider

if he didnt know about how the hell did he reset it? and you paid way to much for that. i cant get more than 2500 for my rancher with only 2400 miles on it. not to mention mine is in PERFECT condition.

Old 07-03-2005, 05:07 PM
Pro Rider

I'll buy yours. They sell for $3900 around here used. You can get more around hunting season. I guess it depends on where you live. Around here they are the perfect quad. I guess in a flat area it would be a turd but there is no flat land here.

I'll give you 2400 cash any day you want if its within 500 miles. I'll put 3500 on it and move it the same day.
i'm serious. I have the cash in front of me.

I need to see some pics and I'll drive up.
2400 is a good deal heck a used 2000 model 4x4 300 costs 2950 here. And they sell .You just can't find many used fourwheelers here. Old trucks like toyota 4x4's sell good too.

Old 07-05-2005, 08:41 AM
TIC
Pro Rider

congrats on the buy!,, enjoy and dont worry about them miles... You did get a good deal, your area of the country is like mine . heck we still have 1980's models bringing 1000 dollars!!!!!!!!!!! Kinda like old 4x4 chevys, some places worth nothing, but in areas like mine if it even runs and 4x4 works youll get thousand dollars easy.

Quick Reply: Ebay Odometer SCAM? Someone with a rancher help