Suzuki 450!

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2005, 09:38 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Suzuki 450!

http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...did/458730.cfm

Sounds like everybody else will be playing catchup: EFI, 50" wide, suspension as good as aftermarket, etc.!

This has been Suzuki's tactic, to wait until everybody else comes out with something, see what they are doing, and then make something that is better.

Old 07-08-2005, 10:02 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suzuki 450!

Originally posted by: reconranger
<a
Sounds like everybody else will be playing catchup: EFI, 50" wide, suspension as good as aftermarket, etc.!
Wonder what it will cost though, with all that it will have to list for at least $1-1.2k more.....

Old 07-08-2005, 10:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default Suzuki 450!

I see two issues with there 450. One is cost. The YFZ is allready $7000 and the Z450 has EFI and has the suspension for a true MX'er. So your going to be in the Cannondale range as far as price goes. The next is width. Who in there right mind other then a MX'er would buy a quad that is 50" wide. There are 20X's as many woods riders as there is MX'ers, so why market a MX quad. It's a lot easier for a few to widen there Z450 then it would be for many to narrow it. And I don't care what anyone say's 48-50" is to wide for the woods.

Old 07-08-2005, 10:12 PM
Pro Rider
Default Suzuki 450!

Originally posted by: GE4x4
I see two issues with there 450. One is cost. The YFZ is allready $7000 and the Z450 has EFI and has the suspension for a true MX'er. So your going to be in the Cannondale range as far as price goes. The next is width. Who in there right mind other then a MX'er would buy a quad that is 50" wide. There are 20X's as many woods riders as there is MX'ers, so why market a MX quad. It's a lot easier for a few to widen there Z450 then it would be for many to narrow it. And I don't care what anyone say's 48-50" is to wide for the woods.
yea i agree. even my blaster has had a few cose calls in the tight woods. it prolly wont sell as much as the 450r and the yfz, jus becuz of the fact that not to many ppl are THAT serious about racing.

Old 07-08-2005, 11:45 PM
Range Rover
Default Suzuki 450!

dude, i totally agree with you on this ..... i think the new Z450 is going to be an awesome quad but it might be too market specific (MX). i also think the cost is relative since it prob dont need to be as modded and their are always people out there who wont mind paying the price specially if they spend just as much on their upgrades.

but damn dude ..... do you think its going to fit width wise in my tacoma ?

Old 07-09-2005, 12:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default Suzuki 450!

Who khows there might be an off road version, just to keep ahead of yamaha and honda. It sounds pretty reasonable to me. What do yall think.

Old 07-09-2005, 12:41 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Default Suzuki 450!

Desert cross-country and dune riders (100,000 people show up at Glamis every weekend, 250,000 on a holiday!), as well as MX'ers have always had to widen their bikes. Why not have trail riders narrow their bikes, for a change? Actually, this type of bike (high revving engine) doesn't make a great trail bike anyway......to much clutch slipping necessary. And, there are already so many superb trail bikes out there (Z400, 400EX, etc.), so I don't think they are aiming at that market anyway.

Recreational dirt bike riders buy MX bikes in droves. What wins on Sunday, sells on Monday! 99% of these will never see a track. Folks just like that high performance MX handling, so they are willing to put up with twitchy handling when riding off-road. Look at the YFZ. It's not a great trail bike, yet folks are buying them for that purpose. I think Suzuki is aiming at that same market.

Trending Topics

Old 07-09-2005, 10:48 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Suzuki 450!

I agree with Recon. Just from going to the dunes and the desert I'd almost be willing to bet that there are more of those types of riders than woods riders. I bet they sell a ton of them along with the Z400. I'd be more concerned with trying to fit them side by side on a trailer or in a toy hauler, that may take some creative loading!!

Old 07-09-2005, 01:47 PM
Pro Rider
Default Suzuki 450!

well my info says price is going to be around $7500 which at that price your getting alot of quad for the price.most xc racers put a +1 a -arms then use a 4-1 offsetwheel to try keep it close to stock width.most xc racers width are racer anywhere from 46-48".think 48inches in gnnc racing is the legal woods trail width .but the ltz450r is 49inches.but i think someone will find a way to make it work anywhere.plus suz will have the z400 for woods too.they will have a bigger range of buyers by offering the z400 and the ltz450r. i bet suzuki won't have a problem saleing them

Old 07-09-2005, 02:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default Suzuki 450!

Reconranger is 100% right with the statement "win on Sunday sell on Monday." I can't tell you how many people I see nowadays riding machines like the YFZ and 450R on the trails and just playing around. These are people who have no intentions of ever racing, but they wanted that quad that they saw winning on TV. These are people who would have had as much if not more fun on a simpler machine like the 400ex and Z400, both of which are more suited to trail riding. Another example is the Banshee....not trying to spark an argument but lets be honest, about the only thing the Banshee is good for is straight line performance. And yet you see tons of Banshees out on the trails, why....because till recently the shee was the baddest quad you could buy. But winning sells and Suzuki will sell the Z450.

Quick Reply: Suzuki 450!