Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

"POLL" Whats the Best utility ATV out there?!

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2005, 11:38 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "POLL" Whats the Best utility ATV out there?!

Rancher AT best as far as trail riding

Old 07-17-2005, 02:49 AM
Pro Rider

Because, as I said, for PURE UTILITY, as in farmers, ranchers, etc., they are not going to take their machine through mud and water every chance they get. They will stay high and dry for the most part and be used purely as a workhorse. Ask a farmer why he has an ATV and he won't tell you to see how deep of creek he can cross or how mean of a mudhole he can go through. You are correct, as am I on the drum brakes, for SOME people, they are good or they are bad. Depends on the application[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-17-2005, 03:53 PM
Pro Rider

Polaris Sportsman 700 EFI or 800 EFI.
Not including the ATP (dump box) type pure utility quads by AC and Polaris.

-Superior storage
-lock n ride/ J rail systems.
-300 lb combined rack capasity.
-1500 lb tow rated.
-best stock wheels and tires
-weight is beneficial here
-EFI for ease of starting and operation

Jim

Old 07-18-2005, 12:18 PM
Range Rover

ATVtech, Great speech! I concur 100% I run with a buddy all the time who bought a Kawi 650 and traded it after 10 months because he had so many problems with it right after the warranty was up and Kawi would not come good for anything. People who do not agree with your/our assessment of Honda's overall quality simply have not owned or used one for a long period of time. I have never heard tell of anyone who has and would not agree. The fact is they are "overbuilt" with respect to the industry norm. However they are not PERFECT, yes parts on them do infact wear out, with age, abuse, whatever. Just not nearly as quick or frequently as other machines. Whether we are talking cars, boats, atv's, airplanes, condoms, whatever there is not a brand that is perfect. There is one that's the best made however, and when it comes to ATV's it's HONDA.

Old 07-18-2005, 01:00 PM
Trailblazer

Now Now Pete,
They make Piston's and Rings for the NEW Rubicons and Rincon.
They make seals and motor bearings the NEW Rubicons and Rincon.

People with the NEW 450ES are having limitless problems with their sensors...

Many people I know are having problems with their 05 Rancher regarding shifting.

Don't even mention the different sensors problems.

RUSTOMATIC brakes are not acceptable! RELIABILITY 0

Wheel bearings torpedoing with less than 1500km is abysmal! RELIABILITY 0

Honda has their own share of recalls.....

I live in Northern Ontario, not in a Urban center. Every second neighbor has an ATV. We see every different brands and models. I have seen my share of broken Honda's as every other brand.

Old 07-18-2005, 01:50 PM
Pro Rider

I don't know how to get this across to you. If the drum brakes stay dry, they will last virtually forever. MUCH longer than discs at any rate.

Old 07-18-2005, 02:01 PM
Range Rover

Hey Goblin: How about Carpenter's performance on the weekend....there was nothin wrong with the brakes on his change up. I've never had a problem with the brakes on any Honda I've owned.

Old 07-18-2005, 02:29 PM
Pro Rider

Carpenter is an absolute stud. I don't know why Toronto ever let him go, but I'm glad they did[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]I assume you know him from his days as a Bluejay?

Old 07-18-2005, 03:11 PM
Got Milk!
Blaming Guns For Crime Is Like Blaming a Spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being Fat!

Originally posted by: supertek
42% to be exact….and it’s not a “magazine editors”…..ATVTV. I do not base my information on just this TV show but they sure know a heck of a lot more than just the average person……..I hate to say it but Arctic are an aftermarket in the ATV business. If they were this good as you say they are then WHY do they under perform Suzuki with the same engine??????????? One more thing, you go ahead and buy your Arctic and I’ll buy a Honda, a few years down the road…..we’ll see who has the resell value!
Arctic Cat's don't under perform Suzuki's, the only thing I can think of that you are thinking is that the AC 400 is slower then the Eiger, however that is because they are on totally different frams and they are built for totally different applications. GM puts the same 3.8L engine in a lot of their cars and they don't all perform the same do they? Nobody buys an AC400 to win races or for fast trail riding. Just for fun, I looked up resale value for the 2000 AC 500 and the 2000 TRX450 ES, guess what, the AC was $50 higher. Arctic Cat Honda
I have nothing against Honda, I do really like them. I have never once said anything bad about them. They just don't make an ATV that I am interested in. That is why it is so great that we have about 7 great ATV manufactors. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-18-2005, 03:57 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: RedGoblin
Carpenter is an absolute stud. I don't know why Toronto ever let him go, but I'm glad they did[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]I assume you know him from his days as a Bluejay?
They didn't think he could rebound 100% from the shoulder surgery (obviously he did). It's too bad Roy Halladay was injured or the two would have been starting the A-game against each other. That would have been real nice to see since they were best friends when they were coming up through Toronto's system. Halladay is awsome too!

Quick Reply: "POLL" Whats the Best utility ATV out there?!