Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

some quick rincon questions...

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2005, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default some quick rincon questions...

ok i got some quick question as im kinda interested in this model... chose it over rubicon since im more in it for the playing

what do these things get for gas mileage...

honestly, is it that lacking in the power dept...

does it start in gear.... or do you have to be in neutral

any known issues at all...

what kind of price is average for these things, im not paying tax, were in agriculture so we're tax exempt.

basically thats all...any other input wouldnt hurt either

Old 07-20-2005, 08:28 PM
Trailblazer

have no idea on milage, power , the king quad has more, but it has enougf to go thru 3.5ft of water and mud in stock form, its not a work horse like some others , but i like the no belt trans. will start in gear, forward not reverse, had o ring props with 03-04, and tie rod end s in 05, but under warranty, with tax 7250.00 otd. in pa, talk to the tennensee dealers, 6500 otd

Old 07-21-2005, 06:29 AM
Weekend Warrior

I owned a 2003 Rincon for 2 yr and sold it to my neighbor last October of 2004,now he's getting bored with it too and ready to sell it..

I bought a new 2005 700EFI Suzuki King Quad and dont regret my purchase for a second..The KQ is much faster,has adjustable shocks,EFI,a locking front differential,EXCELLANT downhill engine braking,front and rear disk brakes,lighter steering,a low range,and rides every bite as good as the Rincon..

Hands down,I would never buy another Rincon for what it is,especially when you factor in what is offered by the other manufactures as STOCK equipment on their models for less MSRP..

Old 07-21-2005, 09:26 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It has no engine braking below 8 mph. This renders it totally useless for descending any type of steep technical terrain!

What Honda built here is a senior citizens cruiser couch best suited for the flatlands. They are aiming this machine straight at the aging baby boomer market. Folks looking for a cush ride, not true off-road performance.

It may however be getting some updates for 06 ????????

Old 07-21-2005, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

heh... the grizz is sounding better and better

Old 07-21-2005, 06:59 PM
Range Rover

ok i got some quick question as im kinda interested in this model... chose it over rubicon since im more in it for the playing
If you're in it for the playing and not pure utility and/or serious mudding, the Rincon is a great choice. Contrary to popular belief, the King Quad does not ride and handle as well as the Rincon. When riding at slow to moderate speeds, they are close. When riding at higher speeds, the Rincon is much better. Although the King Quad will destroy the Rincon in a drag race on a straight road, the Rincon can be driven faster on rough, twisty trails. Again, for having fun, the Rincon is a blast. Just don't install Mudlites or Mud Bugs. Basically, stay away from any tire that has the word "mud" on it. Go for something like the ITP Holeshot ATR or the Maxxis Bighorn in stock sizes.

what do these things get for gas mileage...
There is no easy answer on this as it all depends on your riding style. I am a very aggressive driver and don't get very good gas mileage on my Rincon. A buddy of mine drives much more conservatively and gets incredible gas mileage.

honestly, is it that lacking in the power dept...
Yes and no. Again, it depends on what you do with it. If you bolt on some 27" or 28" mud tires and expect to ride mud all day long, the low end power will be severely lacking because of the high gearing. If you want to pull a two ton trailer through rough terrain, there are better choices. But if you simply want to trail ride and do some mudding and towing on the side, the power is more than adequate. Regarding the King Quad, it obviously has more power than the Rincon, but not at takeoff. I have driven many different stock King Quads and cannot get one to wheelie in high range from a dead stop without some serious yanking on the bars. My stock Rincon on the other hand, will flip over backwards from a dead stop if I want it to. The King Quad easily pulls away after that however, and has higher top speed.

does it start in gear.... or do you have to be in neutral
It starts in gear while holding the brake.

any known issues at all...
2003 models had oil pump o-ring problems and a bad water pump design. Honda promptly addressed these issues and they are no longer a concern. 05 models are pretty much bulletproof.

what kind of price is average for these things, im not paying tax, were in agriculture so we're tax exempt.
Can't help you there...

basically thats all...any other input wouldnt hurt either
There are better overall bikes than the Rincon. The Rincon is a more purpose built bike, and that purpose is trail riding. If that's your main use, go for it. If you need more utility, I advise you to look elsewhere. One thing about the Rincon, it is the toughest and most reliable big bore on the market. No doubt about it.

Good luck with your decision.

Old 07-21-2005, 09:21 PM
Trailblazer

i had a 700king quad, yes it was powrfull and fast, but ill race anybody that ownes a king quad , ill be on a rincon. not slow grand pap hills, fast trails and down hill. kq sucks in the steering dept. if doubt me, no prop look around at other post and web pages. alot of wrecks on kq at slow and fast speeds, and the racers are giving them back. i did like it, untill it flipped me forward at 2mph. very deadly. sure the rincon isnt the biggest kid on the block, but is the best handling irs machine. .02

Trending Topics

Old 07-21-2005, 10:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

I agree,the Rincon handles very good,but for the money,I would never choose it over the KQ..It just lacks far to much in other area's to suit my personal preferances.

Old 07-22-2005, 09:19 AM
Pro Rider

the purpose id be using this for is just an all arounder. we do some technical riding, some open trails, some tighter trails...just about everything. i dont plan on doing any severe work with it...maybe a 500lb wood splitter out in the open areas, other than that just tossing a bag of grain or a bale of hay on the rack. i used to have a kodiak and it did everything just fine... just it bored me with its power and it rode like a rock. got a scrambler and the POS wont stay together. so ill either end up going yamaha or honda... and the grizz just seems too tippy.

would putting 25in 589's on it hurt it severely?

Old 07-22-2005, 01:59 PM
Weekend Warrior

I had 26 inch 589s on My 2003 Rincon and it really did'nt hurt the allready poor performing low end on the Rincon that much,as far as I was concerned..

Its just that after owning both the Rincon AND the new 2005 King Quad,the KQ is a much better package in most every situation you'll encounter vs the Rincon and for a smaller MSRP..

IMO,its a no brainer,but its your hard earned cash and YOU must be satisfied with your selection,best of luck with whatever you make a decision to ride.

Quick Reply: some quick rincon questions...