Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Rubicon Q's

Search this Thread

Old 08-01-2005, 10:51 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon Q's

Hey guys, I was deciding which quad is best suited for me and came across the rubicon. Im thinking between the vinson auto bf 650 and rubi. I couldnt really find any reviews of the rubi any where tho. How does the rubi do compared to other 500's? I know its a bit slower than the vinny and bf 650. I mostly ride in mud and cruise around corn fields.

Old 08-01-2005, 01:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Rubicon Q's

Heres an older thread,
http://forums.atvconnection.com/mess...did/437962.cfm

This one is a bit older, but still a good read
http://farmindustrynews.com/mag/farming_atv_rodeo/

The biggest difference, is the rubi is the most utility of the 3. Itll ride a bit stiffer, and not quite have the acceration of the others, but itll do as well when it comes to work, even though its a smaller motor.
The automatic trannys are totally different. The suz and kaw have belt and pulleys, and the honda has a hydostatic tranny.
One ride on each, and youll know right away, theyre very different.

Heres another review.
http://autonet.ca/SunDrive/Toronto/s...68034-sun.html

Old 08-01-2005, 01:11 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rubicon Q's

If you mostly ride mud, I would have to say to stay away from the Honda until they start putting disc brakes all the way around. Drums will give you nothing but problems when exposed to lots of mud, water and other corruption. Although this seems to have become a topic of hot debate with me, I still believe that the Kawasaki will require a belt adjustment every great once in awhile. If you don't mind turning a wrench from time to time, I would go with this machine. It has awesome features all over, including a locker for the muck and the V-twin is potent. The Vinson would be a great choice as well. If you were to stay out of the mud and weren't that desperate for speed and sheer power though, the Rubicon would be the way to go because of it's awesome transmission and rock solid reliability.

Old 08-01-2005, 03:21 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Rubicon Q's

The newer rubis have disk brakes...i guess honda does listen to the customers, and is also has the traxlok, which is the ability to switch between 2wd and 4wd, the older rubis are 4x4 full time.

Old 08-01-2005, 05:33 PM
Trailblazer
Default Rubicon Q's

I believe that the Rubicon still has drums in the rear.

Old 08-01-2005, 05:56 PM
Range Rover
Default Rubicon Q's

The new Rubicon's do have drum brakes in the rear but they are improved. They are not as good as the disk brakes on the front but they are better than the older model drums.

I live in the mud and I love the 05 Rubi. It has performed flawlessly to this point and I can't complain about one thing. The tranny is second to none in my opinion and the engine brake is incredible. Power is not what the big bores produce but it pulls my 230 lbs around without a second thought.

I would recommend the new Rubi to anyone but it is not going to be for everyone. You need to ride all three and decide for yourself which one is right for you.

Good luck. I am sure that you will be happy with any of the three.

Old 08-02-2005, 01:57 PM
Pro Rider
Default Rubicon Q's

The new Rubi and forman 500 have front disks. Dont let drums scare you, with proper maintenance they will be trouble free without the squeeks or wet pads=no brakes of disc brake set ups. Drums have a bad rap, but I've maintained mine twice a year since I've owned it, and I'm serious into mudin!!! Do a search for my past posts for pictures.

Old 09-19-2005, 06:02 PM
Range Rover
Default Rubicon Q's

will a rubi pull a 288lb person and how fast will it still be good off road for my uncle?

Old 09-19-2005, 06:03 PM
Range Rover
Default Rubicon Q's

o it will be a 2005 he probly ride auto

Old 09-23-2005, 09:28 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Rubicon Q's

i own two rubis-a yellow 02 and red 03. we have a marine service shop and from day one they have pulled all day every day big boats around. we had to weld on receiver hitches and use mustang wheels with truck tires on them to handle the extreme weight ove the boats and then we switch tires on the weekends and go wheelin. we do some serious rock crawlin and some boggin and ride as hard as possible and have yet to have any trouble with the bikes.be warned-withalmost any of the other big 4bys you will need a locker to do the tough stuff but not on the honda

Quick Reply: Rubicon Q's