Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Moose Plow lifting type???

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2000, 01:46 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking at getting a moose plow for my rancher,
I'm thinking that the ez-lift is the way to go, as I don't have a winch, and have heard that the manual is difficult and requires some cutting of plastic to install....does anyone have any thoughts?

Thank you for any input you can give
Mark

Old 10-18-2000, 09:05 AM
Range Rover

Considering the price of the EZ lift, you would almost be better off to go ahead and spend a few more bucks to get a winch. That way, you would have a winch to use while riding, and still have a way to raise your blade.

Old 10-20-2000, 09:48 PM
Pro Rider

I would have to agree with Rubeman. You would be better off with a winch. Consider this: If you get stuck while plowing snow, which will happen from time to time, you can pull the pins off the plow, unhook the winch cable and usually back off of it (the plow is what gets you stuck most times). Once unstuck, you pull out the winch cable, hook it back to the plow, and pull the plow out of the snow bank. These plows are not easy to manhandle in the snow.
Just my 2 cents.

Old 10-23-2000, 02:17 PM
Trailblazer

I've got the EZ lift and a winch. Used the plow both ways and while it's not cheap, IMHO I have to say the EZ lift is a great product. I prefer it over the winch, because it has a spring-assisted range of travel that really helps over un-even surfaces. It's faster and gives me quicker height control with a "feedback feel", helping when I need to shave a layer at a time.