Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

CTE Rubicon

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2005, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CTE Rubicon

I've seen various reviews from some ATVers up north about Honda's Canadian Trail Edition Rubicon. Supposedly it's very close to being on par with the more competitive 500-class machines like the Vinson and Sportsman. I hope it's a precursor to the newer versions of the Rubicon to come. Why is this not the mainstream Honda Foreman Rubicon? THOSE are the kinds of machines that Honda SHOULD be making in order to not only boost sales, but FINALLY become competitve when it gets down to performance and features.

Old 08-18-2005, 01:48 PM
Range Rover
Default CTE Rubicon

I agree Goblin, I just can't beleive that Canada got this quad first. It's really only the suspension that is much different than the U.S version, and the GPS is also a standard feature on the CTE. We can also buy the regular Rubicon here as well but the CTE is only $200 more so it's worth it. In my opinion the suspension and tranny or what really sets this machine apart, and I would say that it is more than on par with the Vinson and Sportsman, in fact in my opinion it is easily the best all around 500 class quad.

Old 08-18-2005, 03:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default CTE Rubicon

I heard the ignition mapping and timing in the CDI was redone so that is accelerates quicker as well.

Old 08-18-2005, 09:26 PM
Range Rover
Default CTE Rubicon

The suspension is the one thing that I wish was on the US Rubicon. My best friend is the parts manager at our local Honda shop and he tried to get me the CTE shocks but couldn't. He called Honda and several Honda shops in Canada and turns out that the part numbers are the exact same. The difference is that US parts come out of a US warehouse and Canadian parts come out of a Canada warehouse. The only way that I have found to get them is to order them from a Canadian Honda dealer. Which sucks b/c I wouldn't get my discount! I am just hoping that they will offer it in the US in the next year or so.

Old 08-18-2005, 09:58 PM
Trailblazer
Default CTE Rubicon

If you use a credit card the exchange rate will still give you a decent deal.

Old 08-18-2005, 11:19 PM
vj
Range Rover
Default CTE Rubicon

yeah the suspension is different and it comes with adjustable shocks all around, standard gpscape. also they revised the hondamatic so it is a little quicker, honda canada claims that it feels like it has more power.

Old 08-19-2005, 09:48 AM
Range Rover
Default CTE Rubicon

Oh ya it definately accelerates much crisper and it feels alot punchier whenever you gas it. I think it may even have a little more top end as well! You are a little bit wrong though Goblin as far as what Honda changed.
First: they remapped the computer to enhance response from the hondamatic....it definately feels like it has more power and the powerband feels stronger and more pronounced.
Second: they added a throttle postion sensor which also improves throttle responce....I think it probably contributes to the feeling of more horsepower.
third: I think on all 05's (even the U.S version) they now have a 36mm carb as opposed to a 33mm.

The end result is, they are a substancial improvement over the 04's and I've seen first hand that they will indeed outperform the 04's pretty bad in any performance catagory. The suspension on the CTE is world class and as I've said many times, it will rival any IRS but probably handles and corners better because of the SRA. Some inexperienced riders may not give a sh#t about the suspension and just care more about power, but I can't overstate how good it is on the CTE. My best friend has an 04 Grizz and he is amazed with my machine, and continuously wants to trade when we ride together. I think that says a fair bit because we all know how fun grizzly's are.

Old 08-19-2005, 09:51 AM
Range Rover
Default CTE Rubicon

Vj: How do you think your Rube compares to your 03 Vinson?

Old 08-19-2005, 04:32 PM
vj
Range Rover
Default CTE Rubicon

pete, performance wise the ruby and vinny are very very close. ive never actually raced the 2 of them side by side but i'm sure the ruby could give it a run for its money. handling and stability are faaaaar better on the ruby and the ruby rides nicer. in the mudd i would say they are about equal. we use both machines to pick rocks in the field aswell with 4x5 feet trailors and the rube can haul a heavier load. the old foreman still can outpull both of them i think[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 08-19-2005, 04:57 PM
Range Rover
Default CTE Rubicon

thanks for the info Vj, your right those Foremans could pull the *** out of a snake[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: CTE Rubicon