Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Eastern Oklahoma?

Sounds like you know the place!
HeeHaw!

Old 11-14-2005, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider

Help! Wrong "Born Dates" and wacky tobacky. Need bail money...

Old 11-14-2005, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider

We did go to Broken Bow and found out it was opening weekend for youth deer season. Decided we didn't want to ride with all that going on. With my luck, we would run up on someone's blind that had a nice buck in his scope and scare him off. The rest goes without saying. So, we waited until the following Monday when it was over and had a good ride that day. A game warden said there was some sort of hunting seaon going on until the middle of Jan. and that the best time to ride was after that. He indidcated they had made a lot of rule changes and there was a $25 fee for each person to ride. And it expries on Dec. 31, '05 regardless of what time of the year you buy it. You must stay on logging roads or trails. You can not ride on old atv trails or ones that have been blocked off or had a dirt mound built across it. No stream riding or following a stream bank. Sounds like they are trying to keep atv out of there. We did find a small area just north of Broken Bow where we could ride without buying the permit. USFS land. We may not go back if you can not play in the water and mud. Like everywhere else across the country, the tree huggers are getting their way. Until atvers can organize and stand up and be counted, it will continue to get worse.

Old 11-14-2005, 10:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

I think the "keep out" rules have more to do with trying to preserve the trees they are growing...weird, though. as I used to be able to ride anywhere out there, and didn't get hassled...but it may only be in the weyerhauser section...

Old 11-14-2005, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

I was told the same concerning the USFS land.

Old 11-15-2005, 02:37 AM
Pro Rider

Those are similar sounding rules we heard. Riding a gravel road aint my cup O' tea...gimme sum technical stuff please. While we were down there we were stuck riding gravel roads...guide was saying: "gee fellas isnt this great?"
Well actually Mr. Guide it sucks. It would be great if we had our grandmothers who have never riden a gravel road....they would love it...but we want some real OFFROADING. So I think I am out for the area. It is some terrific scenery and elevation change very very pretty area of the state.
Oh and it was raining most of the time....I had on a Gore-Tex suit and it was soaked through and through so much I still have red dirt stains in a pair of underwear and tee shirt from that 53 miles in the suburbs above Honobia!
PS: they break down society by asking this : "Hey Buddy; are you Pro kill or No kill? ( a reference to Bigfoot)
YeeHaw! I R from one of the most backerds states in this here land! Yee Haw!
Where'd ma sister I mean wife Go off to now?

Old 11-15-2005, 11:17 AM
Weekend Warrior

That mentality is a BIG reason I moved to Oregon...and hey, all the riding areas a guy could want...mud, rock, sand dunes...

Old 11-15-2005, 11:51 PM
Weekend Warrior

DURAMAX-----email me at emeeks6332@aol.com about riding where you are talking about... Talk to you soon Blake... I have a rover as well.... cheers