Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

not what its cracked up to be!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-2000, 10:10 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

14mins: What is a theapist? And sorry to tell you, but the 440ex's can take Raptors easily. I know my stock one can't, but that is not why I ride. I don't buy something to drag race, I buy something to have fun on.
Guy: Where have you seen these 440's being beat by stock Banshees or Raptors?? A stock Banshee is no match for the 440's. Don't talk about what you wish would happen. Face the facts, a 400ex can be tuned to be one bad quad with all the power you could ever want.

Old 10-29-2000, 10:27 AM
Pro Rider

400EXMaster;

Yes, I am talking about the Raptor, yes, I am high.

I was very excited about the Raptor when the news of it first came out. I am a big Yamaha fan. I knew better than to buy the first year quad, and it took a lot of restraint not to. I am very glad I didn't. I am also very disappointed in Yamaha, these quads seem to aquire a new problem each week. I just wonder what it will be next. I get this feeling that we will be seeing posts like "Gas tank fell off Raptor" soon. I still love my Yamaha and Polaris, and if Honda came out with a 650EX, or something comparable to the Raptor, I would probably get one, keeping my other quads, of course.

Old 10-29-2000, 12:42 PM
Trailblazer

My goodness, why must you all put down each others quads? Would everyone be happier if we didn't have any quads to ride?!? So a raptor can beat a 400ex, wow, so your 400ex can beat a raptor, oh my. Just for the record, a stock banshee can take a 440ex. Just take a minute and think about this, what do you think all your bragging and whining looks like to someone who can't afford a ATV, or a disabled person who can't ride one due to a physical limitation. If you have a quad, good for you, have fun, ride, but enough of this "my atv is better than your atv", and "this atv sucks, look at all the broken parts it has." This forum was not created for that purpose, it was created to let atv owners and enthusiasts share riding tips, stories, and advice on solving problems. I'm sick of reading this useless crap, and I hope you all finally realize that if we help eachother, rather than fight, we will get a lot further, and we will be a lot happier at that.

Kyle

Old 10-29-2000, 02:06 PM
Range Rover

BigBear, you can post all you want and still won't change a damn thing. I wouldn't even try to be mature and stuff like that!! There will always be people like this in here. The only thing I could say is that Honda bashing should not be in the Honda forum. They can bash all they want but it shouldn't be in that forum. So what I'm saying here is that Yamy people do your bashing in your own forum not here and we will do are bashing in this forum. I really don't do any bashing myself but I know that it will always continue no matter what anybody says. later

Old 10-29-2000, 03:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider

sorry my spelling is not to good. All i was trying to say is all quads beat walking. To me the idea is to have fun. I personaly could not ride a quad of the Raptor or 440 to its limits, therefore i don't need one. I can afford one so i am not whinning that this sucks or that sucks between the quads. To each his own. I buy something to use, example 1 ton crewcab truck for construction. A friend of mine bought a nicer one and has never pulled a trailer or put anything in the bed. While i think it is silly that he bought one i am not jealous. Secure people do not seem to have to brag about thier stuff being better than someone elses.

Old 10-30-2000, 08:07 AM
Range Rover

A stock raptor will beat a 440EX----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------in reverse.
Exer

Old 10-30-2000, 01:08 PM
Trailblazer

On the contrary, being mature is not an act, but the way you are. There must be some order to this chaos or else none of it would make sense. I won't waste my time and keep versing you all with my views, but I refer to my post above. Read it, and try to bring something good and useful to these forums. I'm not referring to any one individual, but in general, this forum needs to get better, for all of us.

Kyle

Old 10-30-2000, 01:41 PM
Range Rover

I agree with Kyle. I've noticed over the last 6 months to a year that this forum has changed. Now we have all this "mine is faster than yours" junk and not as much useful exchange. The "older" riders like Gordon Banks are nowhere to be found. These are the guys that could really be helpful when it came to advice etc.

I don't know why I bother to read 90% of the posts here. Boredom I guess. I wish the maturity level would go up several notches.

By the way, I went to Little Sahara last weekend with 3 friends with new Raptors. They are very fast and have great suspension. They are nice. End of story. I still like my 400ex and it is slower than the Raptor. No reason to even argue the point unless you want to look silly. Did this mean I did not have a good time? No way.

This "Mine is better than yours" and second guessing Corporate Strategy of Honda and Yamaha is a waste of time for those of you writing it and those of us reading it.

My suggestion is spend less time posting this garbage and spend more time riding or working on your bike.

My .02 cents worth......

Old 10-30-2000, 02:38 PM
Trailblazer

I seem to usually be the one to tell people to stop arguing about who's quad is better and just go ride them. Come on people, I'm 15 and I know some of you are much older than me. But, I sound more mature. I am not saying this to any one person, but to the people that do bash each other. So you are loyal to Honda, you can still like Yamaha. I ride a Honda, but I still think the Banshee is the coolest looking quad. Point is, just go out there and ride. No need to argue about it. Sure a modified 400ex can beat a stock Raptor. But, what are you people going to say when the Raptor guys start getting mods???

Old 10-30-2000, 03:21 PM
Trailblazer

No kidding I have two Hondas 400Ex and 300Ex as well as a Sc 400. All of which I enjoy very much. I would tak a new Raptor if my wife would let me. Why? because of status I would own the fastest production quad made at this time. ( I think the Qaudzilla is the fastest ever) Would I ride it to its fullest potential? probably not. My 400Ex is all I need and more it has put me in the hospital once thank goodness for insurence. and I can jump higher than any 300 pond guy should be jumping. I am the best woods rider in this area. the other quads are used for family and My use when I feel like something different. THE FACT IS ALL OF US RIDE FOR ENJOYMENT. VERY FEW MAKE MONEY IF ANY. SO MEN ARE JUST BEING MEN WHEN THEY DOWN GRADE ALL OF THESE OTHER BRANDS. IT IS ENJOYMENT TO SOME AND ANNOYING TO OTHERS. SO PEACE TO ALL AND HAPPY RIDING

Quick Reply: not what its cracked up to be!!!!