Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Anti-Theft Devices ????

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2005, 10:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anti-Theft Devices ????

We use the on guard locks that are 5 1/2 feet long and are suppose to take some one 2 hours to cut through w/ a plasma cutter, they are also suppose to be pick proof? We also have 2 mean and very protective German Shepherds that would know they were in my yard before they got the chance to even try anything.
Does anyone know of some kind of tracking device though? That way if it did get stolen you could track the person down. Could you imagine the look on there face when you came to take back your ATV. LOL.

Old 11-28-2005, 11:07 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Megan
We use the on guard locks that are 5 1/2 feet long and are suppose to take some one 2 hours to cut through w/ a plasma cutter, they are also suppose to be pick proof? We also have 2 mean and very protective German Shepherds that would know they were in my yard before they got the chance to even try anything.
Does anyone know of some kind of tracking device though? That way if it did get stolen you could track the person down. Could you imagine the look on there face when you came to take back your ATV. LOL.
haha, yea, that would be pretty interesting.

p.s. i couldnt help noticing the skiing picture on ur profile.... isnt Monte-Sainte-Anne awsome! i love going there. have u ever been to Chantecler? kuz id like to kno if it is better than sainte anne or stoneham. me and my parents would like to kno which mountain is better so we kno where to go this winter. we loved Stoneham... and Monte-Sainte-Anne, but we've never been to Chantecler... so im wondering if you have ever been there. jw.

o yea and back to the topic..... i think the alarms for streetbikes would work for a quad.

Old 11-29-2005, 03:29 AM
Trailblazer

here in england i use a normal bike alarm with theft susbscribtion got it data taged, and have a disc brake lock! and my insurence coveres me for theft from any were even out side a shop. the alarms are easy to fit! but the txt messeges when they think that it has been stolen to annoy! when all it is i have forgoten to take the the alarm transponder! but if in a garage a big bad boy pad lock and cahin will do wit a loocked door!

Old 11-29-2005, 04:11 AM
Pro Rider

Back in th good ole days when I had my Harley, I installed a silent alarm with a motion sensor. When the bike was moved, it sent a signal to a receiver that I wore on my belt. One afternoon a salesman sat on my bike, and boy was he surprised when I came running out the shop door with a 3' pry bar! He didn't do that again...

Old 11-29-2005, 12:23 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Grizzman,
I have only been to Mont ST. Anne sorrry. We went to Quebec City for New Years Eve last year. My fiance and I. I LOVE that city and I am not a city girl. I think I hate every other city. Anyway we brought our skiis since we had never been to Quebec in the winter and that just so happened to be the closest resort to Quebec. It did like it alot though. If you do check the others out and they are good let me know. I also got to get some skiing in already this year. We were out at Deep Creek Lake in Western Maryland for the THanksgiving holiday and Wisp opened on Friday. It was pretty sweet getting to ski this early in the season. We ATVed of course too. LOL.

Old 11-29-2005, 02:22 PM
Pro Rider

I use this. It was about $30 at Pep-Boys.

Old 12-01-2005, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider

We have a Bullmastiff named "Diesel" to scare thieves away. He is only 6 months old and weighed in at 108 pounds at his last vet visit. His sire weighed 185, but the breeder we bought him from said ours will weigh more at the rate he is growing. We're hoping for the 200 pound mark![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] He has the deepest and most intimidating bark I have ever heard. It sound more like a bear roar than a dog bark! Our neighbors have two mean-a$$ pitbulls, and even they stay away from Diesel. Needless to say, we don't get many visitors on our property.

Old 12-01-2005, 12:47 PM
Pro Rider

Are'nt big dogs great! I love my German Shepherds. My boy is pretty big too. My girl is alot smaller but she is actually the meaner one[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] The 2 of them will sometimes get into a fight and my boy hurts her every time but she will not back down. We actually have to seperate them and then she is still circling around you and Zeke (my boy) trying to get back at him. He has even ripped part of her ear off and we had to take her to the vet. I mean the girl is nuts!

Old 12-01-2005, 02:33 PM
Pro Rider

SMITH AND WESSON

Old 12-01-2005, 04:19 PM
Pro Rider

Here is one of my anti theft devices.
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c7...007_edited.jpg

Quick Reply: Anti-Theft Devices ????