Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Foreman Lift Kit???

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2005, 02:46 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Foreman Lift Kit???

hmm action is this a common problem? water going into the vent lines? i have a 02 rancher, and went about 1 inch below the front rack, head lights completely under, and i had the rear end almost to the rear seat

Front rack

rear end under

i was deeper then these points, but i thought it was seals causing the problem, now 150 dollars later u got me thinking its vent lines, let me ask this how did u know it was ur vent lines causing problems?

both front and rear brakes were destroyed, and im not just talking water, im talking 3 inches of mud in the bottom of the brakes

Old 12-09-2005, 02:41 PM
Pro Rider

I wasn't 100% sure, but since I've extended the lines I've had no trouble with water in the diffs or brakes since. If you have water getting into the differential oil, it pretty well has to be the vents, if a seal went, youd have oil leaking out where the water leaks in.

The air horns are cool, they're the type from Canadian tire, small 12v direct drive compressor under the seat above where the fuse box is, ran the hose up the frame where the winch cables were ran, and mounted the horns to the plastic under the front rack. Great trail tool for slow riders, and getting your buddies attention ahead of you if you have to stop.

Old 12-09-2005, 10:14 PM
Trailblazer

hey action that is a great idea....could you tell me where i can get an air horn setup like yours?? will i have to get the parts separately??

i am sorry to ask so many questions, but if you don't ask questions you will never know the answers.... know what i mean?

Old 12-12-2005, 12:09 PM
Pro Rider

I just bought a kit from a local auto parts store. Canadian Tire also carries them. Comes with some hose, compressor and 2 horns.

I had to buy a longer piece of hose to run from the horns to under the seat, a weather resistant switch, and I chose to wire a relay to control the compressor rather then wire directly to the switch.

Old 12-13-2005, 10:55 AM
Trailblazer

i am not in the electronic stuff....so what is he difference between hooking it to a relay and hooking it to a switch...?

why would you frefer that over the switch?

Old 12-14-2005, 12:27 AM
Weekend Warrior

I just got a brand new Foreman 500 ES. Im planning on putting 27 inch mudlites on it. Do you think I should buy the fender brackets, or not. I just don't want the tires to rub my fenders. I'm also planning on getting a 2'-4' lift kit from High Lifter. I know the kit will solve my problem, but there's a chance I may not be able to for a while. I don't want to wait for my tires though! What do you think I should do?

Old 12-14-2005, 10:54 AM
Pro Rider

I wouldnt bother with the lift kit, I'm not a fan for the reasons in my previous post. You may need the fender bracket kit to clear the tires...you'll have to try them to know for sure.

I like to use a relay for the horns, basically what a relay does is allow you to use a smaller switch and wiring to the switch to operate the horns. When you press the switch, you turn on an electro magnet in the relay which pulls together a set of contacts. Connected to these contacts is the horn itself. So instead of running a large wire with high current up the frame to the switch, you run smaller wire with a very low current.

Old 12-14-2005, 11:30 PM
Trailblazer

thanks action, i will look into that and if i can get one installed i'll let you know and take some pictures....check out my site by the way, it is a work in progress.....

www.cra5h.com

Old 12-15-2005, 08:57 AM
Weekend Warrior

foremanboy, dont worry about gettin the lift the tires wont rub my wife has 27X10X12 and they dont rub at all ..i had 27x9x12 the lugs were a little smaller than the 10x12's and there is no chance of that rubbing ...you can still get the lift but dont worry about rubbing the tires it wont happen!!!! You dont need to waste the money on the fender spacers unless you feel like you have to.

Old 12-15-2005, 11:54 PM
Trailblazer

hey would one of you guys please take a picture of your 05 foreman with 27, 28, or 29" tires on it. I would like to see what mine would look like if i went with any of those sizes....

thanks.....

you could email it to me if ya want....
socomcra5h@gmail.com

www.cra5h.com

Quick Reply: Foreman Lift Kit???