Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Honda's are tough, but tough is not enough!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2005, 04:15 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda's are tough, but tough is not enough!!

well honda's better than any other junk out there!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-04-2005, 12:54 AM
Trailblazer

Yeah, changing bank angle sensors are fun. I like Hondas but saying they are the most reliable is a joke. Actrite is just stating that Honda needs to step it up a little to keep up with the times. And I agree. When I bought my 01 Rubicon it was the most advanced atv on the market, but since then they haven't really kept up with the options that other brands offer. If they did I would own another.

Old 12-04-2005, 12:57 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: BCNUCS
Yeah, changing bank angle sensors are fun. I like Hondas but saying they are the most reliable is a joke. Actrite is just stating that Honda needs to step it up a little to keep up with the times. And I agree. When I bought my 01 Rubicon it was the most advanced atv on the market, but since then they haven't really kept up with the options that other brands offer. If they did I would own another.
What's more reliable than a Honda then? Your AC? How's limp mode treating ya???

Old 12-04-2005, 01:08 AM
Trailblazer

No limp mode on the 05 V2, but my H1 is treating me better. My buddy has a 05 Rancher and we wont even let him trailer with us because of that damn sensor. His atv has been in the shop for most of the time he has owned it. Honda should be paying his monthly payment. By the way, I am not bashing brands I am just stating that every atv has their problems EVEN Hondas. I come to this forum to read the new stuff everyone is getting and learn about other brands. Obviously you do too.

Old 12-04-2005, 01:47 AM
Range Rover

Admittedly, Honda's are not perfect, as they have had problems like everyone else.........But, IMO the 400ex was a great success as in it came out in 1999, made a huge showing in the racing scene from D all the way up though A class, and was mostly problem free for all of these years. 99.9% of the problems were due to neglience or extreme abuse. I just recently sold mine, and I miss it greatly, to the point that I may buy one of the new updated ones someday.......I raced it, and rode it like I meant it, and only ever had very minor and expected problems with it. It NEVER caused me a DNF, It never made me miss a ride, It always started, and it always put big grins on my face!

Old 12-04-2005, 01:52 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We had a 2001 Honda rancher ES 4x4, then sold it to family. The bike is still going strong with 26" mud tires and the only problem it's had is a frozen choke cable. I'll bet that if someone cared to dig up the numbers that Honda would far and away have a better service record than any other major ATV manufacturer.

All atvs and manufactuers have problems, but some have more than others... a lot more. Any massive recalls on the 06 Rincon yet? How about the 05 KQ, 04-05 BF and Prairie lines, or the rest?

I'll be the first to admit that I can't even comprehend how little I actually know, so if you've got anything besides personal bias to teach me I'm all ears.

Old 12-04-2005, 01:59 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: maddog56
When the other bikes breakdown it doesnt matter how much "fun" they are to ride.

Exactly!

Old 12-04-2005, 02:35 AM
Pro Rider

Die hard red guys keep buying Hondas, it will help keep the price lower on the rest of the Good quads, supply and demand kind of thing.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

These post are so much fun. Lots of rhetoric and no proof. What we need is some hard data that says a quad of a given displacement producing a defined HP has a recorded number of failures per operating hour. If that data is not available then it's just a futile argument.

We can look at recall notices to get some idea of product development and engineering practices, but you can not tie quality to recalls. So who has some data? Any shop mechanics out there that work on all brands, and that have access to the total number of quads in your area multiplied by the number of hours operated divided by repairs needed?

Old 12-04-2005, 03:03 AM
Range Rover

Ok, how about this..........My 400ex towed 3 Yamahas back to the truck, and was never towed with the exception of to and from the place I rode, or raced.............Is that what you were looking for? LOL!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 12-04-2005, 03:05 AM
Range Rover

Ok, how about this..........My 400ex towed 3 Yamahas back to the truck, and was never towed with the exception of to and from the place I rode, or raced.............Is that what you were looking for? LOL!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Honda's are tough, but tough is not enough!!