Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

honda warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2005, 10:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default honda warranty?

hondas or any extended warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship it does NOT cover anthing that can be labeled as WEAR NEGLECT OR ABUSE lets face it we all ride and ride our bikes hard in severe conditions that is why we buy them to have fun with. any dealer that tells you that the extended waranty is good and covers erything is full of crap the dealer makes money on the warranty also and what the dealer tells honda has happened makes alot of difference warranty only pays a small amount of labor to repair and most techs are not doing the repairs in the alotted time so the dealer loses money my advice to all dont buy a warranty save your money

Old 12-23-2005, 10:24 AM
Range Rover
Default honda warranty?

k if it was running mud wouldnt have gotten down that far and it would be pretty hard to get mud in there even if it wasnt running id tell them they need to fix it cause it could have been a seal that sounds the most logical i think a bad seal is good enough for me to use the warrenty (damn dealers)

Old 12-23-2005, 10:25 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default honda warranty?

Yah,
I agree with Colt..Dealers will often MISLEAD buyers at the time of the sale on these extended warranty's.

Its best to get a warranty that states IN WRITTING--the parts that ARE covered if your thinking of buying one.

Old 12-23-2005, 12:16 PM
Pro Rider
Default honda warranty?

you're right muddy, there isn't one bit of negativity in your 1st post, my mistake

Old 12-23-2005, 12:59 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default honda warranty?

Originally posted by: propnut
you're right muddy, there isn't one bit of negativity in your 1st post, my mistake
But Im sure there will be.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-23-2005, 04:45 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default honda warranty?

TextFirst off...this is not a warranty issue because your extended warranty was cancelled 10 days ago because your unit is being repossessed by Honda, and second off, you should make sure that your friends that used to work for the Honda dealership don't call the dealership ahead of time to tell them that you sank it in mud and water. Thirdly, you shouldn't offer mechanics an extra $100 to get it covered under warranty and then get someone to call and threaten to bad mouth the dealership!!!!!!!!!!!! You can get more done by being up front with dealerships than you can by trying to strong arm them!!! I am the lady at the dealership that he is referring to and I have been in this business my entire life! I have NEVER dealt with a situation where someone tried to bribe a mechanic, threatened to slander our dealership name (which by the way we have been building a good reputation for the past 27 years), or who refused to say that his ATV had been swamped after having someone else call and say it had. The rings are worn out and there is no damage to the wrist pin, piston, or anything else in the motor. There is a mixture of mud, water, and oil in the bottom of the motor as well as mud all in the rear differential. I know what I am talking about and typically Honda has a good warranty for things that are not due to abuse!

Old 12-23-2005, 05:55 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default honda warranty?

Wooooooohhhhhhhhhhh,

talk about putting it to the dude.Well,its her first post and I have to tell you that I beleive the lady. I cant see her gaining ANYTHING by coming in here and making up a lie.

Sometimes,things just are'nt always as they appear.

Good job,Becky!

Old 12-23-2005, 06:51 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default honda warranty?

well the guy that worked there before doesnt know what happend to my 4 wheeler because he wasnt there... my 4 wheeler isnt being repoed by honda because it already was repoed and i got it back.... the guy that used to work there is the one that offered the money..... the 4 wheeler has not been swamped, i dont care what he says because he has never been with me while riding my 4 wheeler....

Old 12-23-2005, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider
Default honda warranty?

hey whats this? has anyone gotten the paying-off thing work? if i drop parts counter bob a franklin will he finally fix my ring problem that was thrown back at me as a break-in procedure problem? its a brand new bike that doesnt get mud, which i stupidly bought the warranty for.

Old 12-23-2005, 07:37 PM
Pro Rider
Default honda warranty?

by the way damagezwk, id say rebecca told you. methinks you either let a buddy ride and something happened you didnt see, or you are adjusting facts. the bike would have to be completely sunk or upside down below the pipe in mud for it to get in the engine. how it would get in the oil from there i dont know. i dare say you have some fun with that thing.

Quick Reply: honda warranty?