Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Can't get hub off!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2006, 01:12 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can't get hub off!!!

I have alot of play in my front right wheel so i'm thinking its my bearings, well i can't get the hub nut to budge. Should i put it in gear or something, or take it to a tire shop and have them power it off with an impact?

Old 02-13-2006, 03:15 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Its only got about 60 ft lbs of torque on it, so it shouldnt need an impact wrench...yet.
Can you put the tire back on, then get all 4 tires on the ground? have it in first gear, in 4x4, and have someone hold both brakes on, then you should be able to get it loose. And its better to have a long bar on the socket wrench and apply steady pressure...than to smack the wrench with a sharp blow.

Old 02-15-2006, 03:22 PM
Pro Rider

Actually it's no difference whether you smack it or steady pressure. With steady pressure the wheel must be secured better. You can do this with a long screwdriver or tire iron locked into the wheel studs. The smack is just done with a hammer where you can get a good solid hit. Make sure you remove all the cotter pin.

An impack is the best and they really aren't to much. And actually all an impack does is smack the socket a little at a time. That's how the weights inside work.

Good Luck,
Rob