Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Write off your ATV on taxes?????

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2006, 08:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Write off your ATV on taxes?????

Originally posted by: AtvWannabee
Originally posted by: ToughGUY2169
I write mine off for work. ( Lobsterman) I recover traps in hard to get places with it. So it comes in handy there. Plus it's a nice write off.
Yeah like when they're in 80 feet of water. Those Mudlites really work well in open water.
Hmm a smart a$$. Where do you live again? Oh thats right missouri, so please keep quite on matters of which you have little understanding. I haul the traps that go ashore when weather is bad. Places you can't take a truck retard. And at 50$+ a pop it is worth it. So keep your mouth shut. You are a wannabee.

Old 03-01-2006, 08:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider

ToughGUY2169, I was thinking the same thing. I understood your post just fine...not sure what confused that guy.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2006, 11:38 PM
Pro Rider

Well I spoke with my accountant today and you are all correct in that an ATV can only be written off (depreciation) if it were used for work/business that provided an income, yet that same income made by the use of the ATV needs to reported and thus you are taxed on that. At first I was thinking of purchasing an ATV with a plow and using it to plow the driveways in my neighborhood and writing it off that way but my tax accountant also informed me that the ATV could only be written off at the percentage it was used for work. For me that would be about 10-15% of the time allocated to work which translates into an insignificant amount to be written off. I guess I'll have to wait another year before I can purchase one.

Thank you all for responding.