Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

ATV Sled Pull Competition in East Texas!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2000, 10:44 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There has been plenty of talk about what bike has the most torque transferred to the ground. The AC500 guys claim the most torque and the Grizzly claims the most HP. The Sportsmans seem to finish well in all the pulls we hear about up north.

Now we have a progressive weight sled here in East Texas. There will be many classes so everyone should be able to al least be competitive in their own class. The event will be held at red Springs Motorcycle shop in Red Springs on Hwy 14 North of Tyler. It is a couple of miles north of I-12 on the left.

There has been plenty of talk... lets see who backs it up. I think it will be fun, and it only cost $5 to enter. I think everyone gets a minimum of two pulls.

I posted this here because more people read this forum than any other. I would like to post it under the polaris forum, but the moderaters would just delete it... So help me get the word out. The more people that show the better. Tazsgrizz and I will be there. He plans to make my little Polaris look bad. I guess we will see.

Greg

Old 11-14-2000, 01:40 PM
Pro Rider

Greg,

People read all the forums. Posting duplicates isn't necessary. Most people will click on "todays new topics" as the very first thing they do. They will then scan the subject titles and read whatever catches their eye. So, just post a message with a good, descriptive, subject title and you'll get a lot of people reading your messages. You can imagine how sloppy and disorganized the forums would become if every message was posted 5 or 6 times. I, personally, find duplicate messages annoying. Not only that, but it fragments the discussion because you then have multiple threads going on the same topic. It's much better to have everyone interested in the topic posting under the same thread.

Anyway, in the interest of a clean, well organized forum, we don't permit duplicate messages.

In the future, you should post a message about an event under the event's forum.

Dave

Old 11-14-2000, 04:08 PM
Pro Rider

Dave,
Personally, I live in a rural area and the best internet speed I can get is 26k. It is very time consuming just to visit this site to post events such as this. Myself, I check Honda and Polaris and move on. I understand what you are saying; however, I disagree with your statement that most people check all the forums. I know some of us do, but I would not say it is the majority.

Anyway, I hope word does get around about this event, and I hope people come out to participate. It should be fun.

Greg

Old 11-14-2000, 04:31 PM
Pro Rider

Tell us the results!

Old 11-14-2000, 04:53 PM
Pro Rider

we have the same kind of pulls up here, the Sportsman wins everytime in its class, you can't beat the 4x4 system it outweighs any horsepower or torque differences. The last pulls we had an SP with 25 inch Vamps took it all. the Grizz was close but it would stop with one front wheel spinning and the other stopped up. were as the SP even if it couldn't pull any futher had all 4 tires throwing dirt every where. People can say what they want about belt drive trannies but they out pull the others. the 500 AC did poorly as did anything from Honda, there were no Rubies there Not out yet. The 400 xplorer did well too. It was fun to watch.

Old 11-14-2000, 09:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wished I could participate in this event to,but Texas is just a little out of reach from Michigan.Good luck to ALL the Forum participants,
Bill

Old 11-15-2000, 10:26 AM
Pro Rider

Greg, I don't believe Dave said most people read all forums. I think he said they checked "Today's New Topics" first, accessible from the hyperlink at the upper left of the Forum page.

I certainly check "Today's New Topics" first, then go to the topics that interest me, regardless of forum.

Try it, you'll like it!

Diogenes