Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Never realized how lucky I had it with riding areas.

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2000 | 08:37 PM
|
Range Rover

Around here there aren't any riding areas to close by. Well, not open to public anyway. Most of the riding around here is owned by provate owners. The only place that is like a public place is a group of land owners got together, and come up with a trail system and sale permits for you to ride there. We have not tracks at all though, and I think that is the only thing lacking for us.

Old 11-17-2000 | 03:29 AM
Range Rover

I never gave riding area accessability a second thought. Until I moved from Michigan to Louisiana about six years ago. Man, was I EVER spoiled in Mi. Awesome trails, private and public. What's neat was that even the private property owners were cool. Probably due to the fact of the snowmobile trails, I imagine.

NOT the case, though, here in La. Not very much public land to ride on, that I can find anyway. Not like Mi. Most of the private property owners here are real _____s too. Can't say I blame them, though. Unfortunately, people don't seem to have the same level of respect as they did years ago. They're too eager to trash the place with their empty beer cans and vadalize what doesn't belong to them.

I'm rambling now. Better get off my soapbox.

Mike
maxandblade@hotmail.com

Old 11-17-2000 | 11:51 AM
Pro Rider

I've read where the Center for Biological Diversity has filed and won lawsuits in LA and closed off lots of areas. They have even gotten private property closed. And with people filing suits against property owners when they use their land and get hurt, well, I wouldn't let you ride on my land either for fear you would get hurt and sue me (not that you, personally, would). It happens.

Old 11-17-2000 | 01:18 PM
|
Range Rover

Thats pretty sad. Someone be kind enough to let people ride on their property, and then wind up getting sued. You can get sued for anything these days seems like.

Must be the area in which you live, we have to really respect the property we ride because its all we have. There are no public areas so we can't really say anything to those owners that will let us ride. As for the group with the permits, they make you sign a contract thing saying that you are responsible for yourself and they aren't liable for any injuries and all that.

Old 11-17-2000 | 01:25 PM
Pro Rider

There are very little places here too. I have a minimum drive of 30 minutes.

Old 11-17-2000 | 04:06 PM
Range Rover

I think Michigan is the only area that has such great trails. And most are within a few hours of us. I have only been riding a few years, and what years I have left are limited. You young riders are so fortunate to have such a great sport. I hear alot of tree huggers are trying to close down most of the public land. If you are interested in keeping this land open for our orv use you may want to join one of the clubs that are fighting now for our rights. You can find this information and articles in atv connection.

Old 11-17-2000 | 07:37 PM
Pro Rider

Do I feel bad for you guys!! The trail (official during winter) is at the end of my street (500meters), don't even have to take a trailer or whatever...I'm starting to realize how lucky (and HAPPY) I am...maybe Quebec is the best place in the world?? If it's not the best, it's a great one (just missing some nice mountains).

Old 11-17-2000 | 07:57 PM
Trailblazer

man i really do feel sorry for you guys! my 4wheeler is parked oh about ten feet out my front door and all i have to do is hop on go acroos my yard and i'm on the trails. Between my dad, and my two uncles, and some state owned land(all in a flood plain) theres over 1,000 acres i can ride on plus trails that go off this land and head to different towns. If yall ever come to vermont look me up and i'll take ya riding.

Old 11-17-2000 | 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

You guys should come to Alaska, no fences and millions of acres, (beautiful acres)in the wilderness to ride on.

Old 11-17-2000 | 08:22 PM
Pro Rider

Watch out,
im headed for Vermont and Alaska,
Bill

Quick Reply: Never realized how lucky I had it with riding areas.