Honda Discussions about Honda ATVs.

Attention Rubicon owns

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2006, 04:09 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Attention Rubicon owns

Originally posted by: SpikesRubicon
I have a 2005 Rubicon, and I absolutly love it. I put 1500km on it last year, and the only problems I had with it was the angle sensor. Honda replaced it a couple of times. I am writing that off to a bad mechanic, I switched dealers and haven't had any trouble since. Up untill I put a set of 27" Kenda Bearclaws on it I never had to use low range it will just climb forever it seems. 27x10x12 front, and 27x12 x12 on the rear. I only have to use low range in the real thick mud! It'll still throw muskeg 15ft on the air! If your looking for a good all around bike that will last you for years go with the Rubicon. I don't really see a difference with the IRS, my buddy has a 500 Polaris, and I think my Rubcon rides much better, the stability and feel in my opinion is much better.

Thats my two cents!
If you want a picture of the Rubicon with the 27's mounted let me know, and I'll emil you a picture.

Hi,

I have a some questions about your bike. It seems that you are very happy with you Rubicon, but I was just wondering how does you bike stack up to other quads? You mensioned the Sp 500. How does it compare in the mud to the Polaris? Also how does it compare for power( speed ,Acceleration and low end torque)?

Have you ever compared your qaud too others like Grizzly, King quad, Vinson, Artic Cat or Bombardier 400? I understand you love your Rubicon, but when you give me your input can you be as neutral as possible. Thanks. Also, I would be interested in seeing your quad.

Old 04-25-2006, 01:05 PM
Trailblazer

Didn't get your reply on your Rubicon. I would also like to know about the duribility of the suspendion for the Canadian Trail Edtion Rubicon.

Thanks

Old 04-25-2006, 05:08 PM
Weekend Warrior

Sorry,
Went Camping for a few days.
I would say it is pretty close in the mud, I go through a lot more mud than the polaris, but I am also a more agressive rider. As for the other bikes, I have only ridden the Tony Stewart Arctic Cat, and although it has more power, it did not feel as stable as the honda.

Old 04-25-2006, 06:16 PM
Trailblazer

Sorry, you didn't say that you had a Canadian Trail or not. If you do, how does the suspension hold up? Are you have any problems. Is it so soft that you're bottoming out all the time? You said that you're ok in the mud. Do you find that because of the lack of ground clearance and no diff lock you're at a disadvantage? Also, I would like to see some pics if you got them. How about the speed compared to the AC?

Old 04-25-2006, 07:19 PM
Weekend Warrior

Woops, nope I have a FA, same thing without the GPS, or the adjustable suspension. And Nope it hasn't bottomed out yet. All my Arctic Cat riding was on harpack, not deep mud. And no I havent got it stuck yet, except for last saturday when I submarined it, and had to shut it off because the whole unit went completely under! I ha dit winched out, drained the airbox (filter was still dry). Emptied the exhaust, and the float bowl. Checked the oil and there wasn't any water in it, and it fired right up.

I cant figure out how to post pictures in this forum, so send me an email address or go to http://www.atvfrontier.com/coppermin...1/page=34.html my gallery page is on page 35.

Old 04-25-2006, 11:35 PM
Trailblazer

I own a '02 Rubicon. I would say that the biggest price premium you are paying for on this quad is the Hondamatic transmission. It really is the cat's meow. Otherwise, you will do better with competitive models. I would probably purchase a King Quad rather than the Rubicon, for the same price. It just has too many features that Honda doesn't have. It would definitely lean more towards sport, than utility (as is the Rubicon). You might also want to look at the Bomb. 650.

Old 04-26-2006, 12:20 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally posted by: kmdad
I'm in the market for a Rubicon. Don't pull any punches tell me all the good and the bad thing about this machine. I'm going to be using it for work maybe 40% and 60% play.
I too was in the market for a new Rubicon. But after comparing price, feaures, and technology, I opted for a King Quad 700. It offers 200 more cc's with more power, fuel injection, locking diff, independent rear suspension, and it was $200 cheaper from my local dealer. This is the first non-Honda machine I've owned since my 1990 Bayou 300 and I really, really wanted a Honda...but Big Red isn't keeping up. Do yourself a favor and consider the alternatives. There are lots of nice machines out there.

Old 04-26-2006, 12:23 AM
Weekend Warrior

mkdad. i have a new 2006 rubicon "canadian trail edition" and i love the thing.. before this i had a 700 sportsman 2004 and i had to let her go for 6000.. but i like the thought of selling a peice of junk and buying a real quad.. this new one is awsome. i live in flin flon manitoba and the trails around here are rough and swapy and this thing holds up alot better than the polaris. i have 600 miles on her now and hear a few noises which i think are serious but really its in my head.. all around an awsome quad. beleive me.. if u doo purchase a rubi get a trail edition the suspension is alot better and get a simple gps built right in. to me its worth the xtra 800 bucks.. my opinion

Old 04-26-2006, 10:15 AM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: prohonda
mkdad. i have a new 2006 rubicon "canadian trail edition" and i love the thing.. before this i had a 700 sportsman 2004 and i had to let her go for 6000.. but i like the thought of selling a peice of junk and buying a real quad.. this new one is awsome. i live in flin flon manitoba and the trails around here are rough and swapy and this thing holds up alot better than the polaris. i have 600 miles on her now and hear a few noises which i think are serious but really its in my head.. all around an awsome quad. beleive me.. if u doo purchase a rubi get a trail edition the suspension is alot better and get a simple gps built right in. to me its worth the xtra 800 bucks.. my opinion
I know what you are saying prohonda I owned 3 polari and I just bought a 06 rincon 680 and love it,I have 450kms on it now and when ever I hear a noise from it I think the worst because with the polaris it usually was the worst(get the cheque book out),Iguess it is going to take a little while to get the polaris purged out of my system and start thinking like a honda owner (reliable trouble free riding).,and yes the GPS is quite handy never thought I would use it but I have been using it a bit,the honda GPS is very basic but effective.

Old 04-26-2006, 06:17 PM
Trailblazer

How much power did you figure you lost by going to the Rubicon from the 700 Polaris? Which one was better in mud?

Quick Reply: Attention Rubicon owns